|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Princess do?
(a) Stikes French colors.
(b) Turns and runs.
(c) Has the officers man the guns.
(d) Trims sail and gets ready for battle.
2. What does Hornblower offer as a plan?
(a) To sink the ship and put the men in the life boats.
(b) To hide the number of men aboard.
(c) To strike French colors.
(d) To abruptly turn windward as the ship approaches.
3. What command is Hornblower leaving?
4. Who is Prowse?
(a) The sailing master on the Hotspur.
(b) The judge at the court martial.
(c) Baddlestone's source of information.
(d) The cook on board the Hotspur.
5. Who comes over to the Princess?
(a) Admiral Leighton.
(b) Admiral Cornwallis.
(c) Captain Johnson.
(d) Men from the Hotspur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower's status aboard the Hotspur once Meadows' orders are read?
2. Of what does Hornblower despair the next morning?
3. Why is Princess going against her course?
4. What is Hornblower forced to admit?
5. Who is taking over command of the vessel Hornblower is leaving?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)