|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes over to the Princess?
(a) Captain Johnson.
(b) Admiral Cornwallis.
(c) Admiral Leighton.
(d) Men from the Hotspur.
2. Who is Calder?
(a) A newly-raised Admiral.
(b) He commands the passing English fleet.
(c) Captain of the Admiral's flagship.
(d) The French general who commands the land troops along the English channel shore.
3. Who huddles below deck?
(a) Captain Meadows.
(b) The extra men on the Princess.
(c) No one.
(d) All the officers on the Princess.
4. What does Hornblower think to himself about Bush?
(a) Hornblower not likely to meet Bush again.
(b) Hornblower does not think of any of his crew once he's onboard Princess.
(c) Bush is not going to like this new captain.
(d) Bush is going to be a real asset to Meadows.
5. Who will be assisting Calder?
(a) The fleet under the command of Cornwallis.
(b) The Channel fleet.
(c) No one.
(d) The 3rd Navy's fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bush react to Hornblower's teasing?
2. Who is Prowse?
3. What does Baddlestone ask of Hornblower immediately upon Hornblower's arrival on the Princess?
4. What does Hornblower examine aboard the Princess?
5. Into what has Hornblower made the crew of the Hotspur?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)