|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hornblower and Bush both desire to avoid while saying their goodbyes?
(a) Letting the crew thing the two men are friends.
(b) Bringing up some past unpleasantness.
(d) Acknowledging why Hornblower is leaving.
2. How is the water-hoy built?
(a) To travel on the high seas.
(b) To withstand ramming.
(c) To carry a heavy load.
(d) To move swiftly.
3. What does Hotspur's new commander look like?
(a) Burly and quite tall.
(b) Short and mousy.
(c) Short and extremely muscular.
(d) Average height with a full, bushy red bed.
4. What is spotted a few days later?
(a) The French fleet.
(b) An albatross which is considered bad luck.
(c) A huge pod of dolphins which is considered good luck.
(d) A sail.
5. Who comes over to the Princess?
(a) Admiral Cornwallis.
(b) Admiral Leighton.
(c) Men from the Hotspur.
(d) Captain Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrifies Hornblower about what Baddlestone says?
2. What is positive about the cabin?
3. Why is Princess going against her course?
4. Of what does Hornblower despair the next morning?
5. With what do the men arm themselves?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)