|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do the men arm themselves?
(a) Pistols, swords, bayonets and staffs.
(b) Whatever they can find.
(c) Mostly pistols and one repeating rifle.
2. What is Hornblower's status aboard the Hotspur once Meadows' orders are read?
(a) A non-entity.
(b) Second in command.
(c) On the same command level as Meadows.
(d) Only able to issue an order in an emergency.
3. What do the naval officers do as they become restless?
(a) Start picking on the enlisted men.
(b) Start fighting while gambling.
(c) Become sloppy in their dress and behavior.
(d) Criticize Baddlestone and the Princess.
4. What does Hotspur's new commander look like?
(a) Short and mousy.
(b) Average height with a full, bushy red bed.
(c) Burly and quite tall.
(d) Short and extremely muscular.
5. Who is taking over command of the vessel Hornblower is leaving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hornblower and Bush both desire to avoid while saying their goodbyes?
2. Why is passage aboard the water hoy uncomfortable?
3. What does Hornblower say about conditions in Hotspur's assigned area?
4. What is Hornblower forced to admit?
5. What is the approximate age of Hotspur's new captain?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)