|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is it likely the vessel will overtake the Princess?
(a) Several days hence.
(b) The next afternoon.
(d) Within an hour.
2. What is the verdict against Meadows?
(a) All charges dropped without adjudication.
(b) Guilty with extenuating circumstances.
3. What does Hornblower say about conditions in Hotspur's assigned area?
(a) There are difficult local conditions.
(b) It is deep water.
(c) Sometimes the conditions can be difficult but usually not.
(d) It is generally calm and very little impedments.
4. Who will be assisting Calder?
(a) The 3rd Navy's fleet.
(b) The fleet under the command of Cornwallis.
(c) No one.
(d) The Channel fleet.
5. What might Hornblower end up doing?
(a) Sitting ashore and watching the war pass him by.
(b) Having to take command in someplace like the West Indies.
(d) Serving as First Lieutenant on an Admiral's flag ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hornblower been promised?
2. What is the Hotspur blockading?
3. What does Baddlestone ask of Hornblower immediately upon Hornblower's arrival on the Princess?
4. How does Bush react to Hornblower's teasing?
5. Why does Meadows assume command?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)