|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is passage aboard the water hoy uncomfortable?
(a) She has no ballast and thus rides rough.
(b) The hoy only has one place to stand comfortably and that's where they ship's owner stands.
(c) It is very damp and smelly.
(d) The Captain will not give Hornblower quarters.
2. What does Hornblower offer as a plan?
(a) To abruptly turn windward as the ship approaches.
(b) To sink the ship and put the men in the life boats.
(c) To hide the number of men aboard.
(d) To strike French colors.
3. When does Baddlestone receive the news of the court martial verdict?
(a) Within an hour after Hornblower leaves the court.
(b) Later that evening.
(c) Two days later.
(d) He does not.
4. How is the water-hoy built?
(a) To carry a heavy load.
(b) To withstand ramming.
(c) To travel on the high seas.
(d) To move swiftly.
5. What does Meadows hope?
(a) That the French ship will lose interest.
(b) That he will get the French vessel as prize money.
(c) That success will help his future.
(d) That the French ship will be accosted by the English fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower do after his testimony at the court martial?
2. What won't Meadows ever have again?
3. What is Calder's assignment?
4. How does Meadows seem to Hornblower?
5. Now where is the French fleet headed?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)