|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hornblower forced to admit?
(a) That he had an excellent chart which was in his private collection.
(b) That he guided the Hotspur successfully for two years in its assigned area.
(c) That he almost grounded several times.
(d) That he used a local pilot most of the time.
2. How do Hornblower's men send him off?
(a) They don't even notice he is leaving.
(b) A few hurried handshakes.
(c) With a rousing cheer and song.
(d) With a gift of a sword.
3. How does Bush react to Hornblower's teasing?
(a) With his own teasing.
(c) With umbrage.
4. On whom does Hornblower rely in managing the everyday activities of Hotspur?
5. What does Hornblower examine aboard the Princess?
(a) His tiny cabin.
(b) The way the sails are set.
(c) The way the main mast if far foward compared to most ships.
(d) The crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Hornblower about getting on the Princess?
2. Who is taking over command of the vessel Hornblower is leaving?
3. How does Meadows seem to Hornblower?
4. What does Hornblower think to himself about Bush?
5. What does Meadows call Baddlestone?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)