|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hornblower doubt the promise made to him?
(a) There are many waiting for command.
(b) The Navy administration is notorious for rescinding promises.
(c) The admiral who gave the promise is now deceased.
(d) Napoleon recently surrenders.
2. What does Hornblower think to himself about Bush?
(a) Hornblower does not think of any of his crew once he's onboard Princess.
(b) Bush is not going to like this new captain.
(c) Hornblower not likely to meet Bush again.
(d) Bush is going to be a real asset to Meadows.
3. Of what does Hornblower despair the next morning?
(a) Of ever reaching home.
(b) Of getting used to the movements of the Princess.
(c) Of being on his own vessel again.
(d) Of having a civil word from Baddlestone.
4. What is the approximate age of Hotspur's new captain?
(a) Close to 70.
(c) Middle age.
(d) Very young.
5. Where does the French fleet arrive?
(a) The West Indies.
(b) Cape Horn.
(d) The English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Hornblower summoned?
2. Who interrupts Meadows reading his orders?
3. How does Bush react to Hornblower's teasing?
4. Where does Hornblower invite Meadows to receive the ship's papers?
5. How do Hornblower's men send him off?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)