|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might Hornblower end up doing?
(b) Sitting ashore and watching the war pass him by.
(c) Having to take command in someplace like the West Indies.
(d) Serving as First Lieutenant on an Admiral's flag ship.
2. What is passing by as Hornblower comes up on the deck of the Princess?
(a) A large English fleet.
(b) A French privateer.
(c) An American privateer.
(d) A pod of whales.
3. What has Hornblower been promised?
(a) A promotion to post captain.
(b) A command in Admiral Nelson's fleet.
(c) An administrative post for a while since his wife is pregnant.
(d) A bonus for a ship he recently helped capture.
4. What is the approximate age of Hotspur's new captain?
(b) Very young.
(c) Middle age.
(d) Close to 70.
5. To what is Hornblower summoned?
(a) The annual planning council.
(b) Dinner with the Admiral.
(c) A debriefing.
(d) A court martial.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Hornblower rely in managing the everyday activities of Hotspur?
2. Where does Hornblower invite Meadows to receive the ship's papers?
3. What is positive about the cabin?
4. How is the water-hoy built?
5. How does Meadows seem to Hornblower?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)