|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cotard's title?
2. How long do Hornblower's personal stores last?
(a) A few days.
(b) Half a year.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
3. What is the first order Cargill fails to manage for Hornblower?
(a) A watch.
(b) A realignment.
(c) A tack.
(d) A full report.
4. How many ships of the lines are with the Hotspur's squadron?
5. What is the Hotspur responsible for after the multi-tiered system is in place?
(a) Blockading Brest.
(b) Relaying messages.
(c) Gathering information.
(d) Scouting for troops.
6. What necessitated the multi-tiered system?
(a) The treaty.
(b) The war.
(c) The breach of trust.
(d) The preparations.
7. How does Prowse feel during the chase by Loire?
8. When does Hornblower think the fleet should attack Brest?
(a) Night time.
(b) Broad daylight.
9. What does Bush do after the wedding celebration?
(a) All of these.
(b) Readies the ship for sailing.
(c) Hires new crewmen.
(d) Gathers the seamen.
10. What is the downside of the success at the Semaphore?
(a) Many Englishmen died.
(b) The French caught them.
(c) A last message got through.
(d) They could not destroy the code.
11. What is Hornblower doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cleaning his uniform.
(b) Meeting with the admiral.
(c) Being promoted.
(d) Getting married.
12. What is Pellew's first name?
13. What does Hornblower hear from Maria?
(a) She is leaving him.
(b) She is very ill.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is coming to visit.
14. Who put some personal stores on board for Hornblower?
(d) Mrs. Mason.
15. Who has made the ship ready to sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower's wife's name?
2. What does Pellew's ship give to the Hotspur?
3. What gift does Hornblower get from his wife before he sets sail?
4. Who mans the Hotspur during the attack on the semaphore?
5. What is Hornblower's favorite meal of the day?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)