|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Cargill to be successful on his second attempt to complete an order from Hornblower?
(a) A gust of wind.
(b) All of these.
(c) A slower and calm maneuver.
(d) A wave.
2. What is Pellew's first name?
3. Why does Hornblower keep a distance from Brest Harbor?
(a) To stay away from the reef.
(b) To avoid breaching the treaty.
(c) To not scare the French.
(d) To aid in their detection.
4. What does Hornblower have men count as they pass Brest Harbor?
5. Where does the semaphore operator live?
(a) In the main control room.
(b) At the base of the tower.
(c) At the army barracks.
(d) In a cottage on shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower see Maria on the pier?
2. What is Hornblower's favorite meal of the day?
3. Where does Hornblower plot a course after leaving England?
4. What does Hornblower do before setting fire to the semaphore?
5. Who has made the ship ready to sail?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)