|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused Hornblower to be away from sea for so long at the beginning of the book?
(a) His formal training.
(b) The end of the war.
(c) His lack of education.
(d) The Peace of Amiens.
2. How does Cornwallis appear after hearing about the water emergency on the Hotspur?
3. Why does Hornblower talk to Cotard?
(a) He speaks perfect French.
(b) He is close to Cornwallis.
(c) He has worked with Pellew in the past.
(d) He has a place on the next mail ship.
4. What is the Hotspur responsible for after the multi-tiered system is in place?
(a) Gathering information.
(b) Blockading Brest.
(c) Relaying messages.
(d) Scouting for troops.
5. What does Hornblower realize he is doing for the first time as he leaves England?
(a) Commanding a vessel by himself.
(b) Going on a secret mission.
(c) Sailing outside of a group.
(d) Going to sea at a time of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Maria sailed from to visit Hornblower?
2. What causes the Hotspur to win the race with the Loire?
3. What does Hornblower reminisce about during the storms?
4. Who has made the ship ready to sail?
5. Who mans the Hotspur during the attack on the semaphore?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)