|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who put some personal stores on board for Hornblower?
(d) Mrs. Mason.
2. What begins to fall apart when Hornblower has been at sea for six months?
(a) The food storage.
(b) His clothes.
(c) The sails.
(d) The flag.
3. What kind of jam is in Hornblower's personal stores?
(d) Black current.
4. Why is Hornblower unable to recognize the honor sent to him from the French ship?
(a) He is on the other side of the ship.
(b) He is colorblind.
(c) He cannot understand French.
(d) He is tone deaf.
5. What necessitated the multi-tiered system?
(a) The war.
(b) The breach of trust.
(c) The preparations.
(d) The treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower blame for Cargill's first and almost second failure?
2. Why does Hornblower keep a distance from Brest Harbor?
3. Where is Cotard hailed by a guard?
4. What is Prowse's position on the ship?
5. Why is Hornblower not able to speak with Maria?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)