|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the smallest daily water ration Hornblower gives his crew during the storms?
(a) 3/4 rations.
(b) 1/2 rations.
(c) 2/3 rations.
(d) 1/3 rations.
2. Why is Hornblower not able to speak with Maria?
(a) The French attack.
(b) Another gale blows up.
(c) Hornblower is promoted.
(d) Cornwallis orders him back to sea.
3. What do the fall gales prevent from happening?
(a) Clear sights.
(b) Practice runs with the guns.
(d) Effective blockading.
4. Where does Hornblower go to get fresh water for his ship?
(a) Port Tallin.
(b) Uchtine Harbor.
(c) Tor Bay.
(d) Ushdale Bay.
5. What does Hornblower reminisce about during the storms?
(a) His first days on a ship.
(b) His experiences with Pellew.
(c) His wife.
(d) His time off during peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cotard hailed by a guard?
2. What is Cotard's title?
3. What kind of damage does the Hotspur get during the storms?
4. Who leads the marines after Cotard gets safely on shore?
5. What is the Hotspur responsible for after the multi-tiered system is in place?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)