|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower fix the trim of the ship?
(a) He puts up an additional sail.
(b) He moves two cannons.
(c) He takes down two smaller sails.
(d) He has the tack made correctly.
2. How long is Hornblower on the Hotspur before he steps off it for the first time?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
3. What is the first order Cargill fails to manage for Hornblower?
(a) A watch.
(b) A tack.
(c) A full report.
(d) A realignment.
4. Hoe many cannons are on the Hotspur?
5. What kind of jam is in Hornblower's personal stores?
(c) Black current.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower see Maria on the pier?
2. Who has made the ship ready to sail?
3. Why do the French merchant ships stay close to the shore?
4. Who suggests the ship-to-shore action at Brest?
5. What does Hornblower hear from Maria?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)