|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to replace Grimes?
2. What causes the Hotspur to win the race with the Loire?
(a) The Loire falls into iron.
(b) The Loire turns to shore.
(c) The Hotspur gets a good wind.
(d) The Hotspur unloads some weight.
3. What is Napoleon's armada made up of?
(a) Overtaken French ships.
(b) Very small boats.
(c) Captured Spanish frigates.
(d) Old slaving vessels.
4. What causes the Grasshopper to be bested?
(a) It runs aground.
(b) It takes on water.
(c) It is poorly handled.
(d) It is weighed down.
5. What does Hornblower have to do after sleeping a few hours after destroying the semaphore?
(a) Write a report of the action.
(b) Take account of his crew.
(c) Hold a funeral for Grimes.
(d) Interrogate the prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grimes's first name?
2. How does Prowse feel during the chase by Loire?
3. For what does Hornblower search newspapers?
4. What does Hornblower regret after getting his first dinner from Grimes's replacement?
5. Why is Hornblower unable to have eggs from his personal store?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)