|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Prowse, Hornblower, and Bush discuss at length after the semaphore?
(b) Deaths in war.
(c) Prize money.
(d) Recognition for valor.
2. How many cannons are on the Loire?
3. What ship captured the Clorinde?
(a) The Naiad.
(b) The Newfoundland.
(c) The Navigator.
(d) The Natural.
4. What does Hornblower and his crew spend the first summer at war doing?
(a) Sending information.
(b) Destroying all progress on the semaphore.
(c) Working the blockade.
(d) Scouting the shore units.
5. Why does Hornblower keep a distance from Brest Harbor?
(a) To not scare the French.
(b) To avoid breaching the treaty.
(c) To aid in their detection.
(d) To stay away from the reef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower do while trying to rescue the Grasshopper that amazes his crew?
2. How did Grimes die?
3. For what does Hornblower get mad at himself while talking with Prowse and Bush?
4. What does a French war ship do as they pass the Hotspur?
5. Hoe many cannons are on the Hotspur?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)