|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Grimes die?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He fell from the crow's nest.
(d) He was shot.
2. How was the frigate run aground destroyed?
(a) It was shot to pieces by cannons.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It blew apart in the wind.
(d) It sunk.
3. Why is Hornblower unable to have eggs from his personal store?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They are too hard to cook.
(c) They are broken.
(d) They went bad.
4. What increases around the destroyed semaphore?
(a) Ships of war.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) French army battalions.
5. Who is sent to replace Grimes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jam is in Hornblower's personal stores?
2. How does Hornblower feel about domestic life?
3. For what does Hornblower search newspapers?
4. What startles Hornblower about Grimes's replacement?
5. What kind of ship is the Grasshopper?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)