|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Atropos set sail?
(b) Marmorice Bay.
(c) Puta Batang.
2. Why does Hornblower put a spring under the Atropos anchor?
(a) He wants Atropos to stay in the harbor for some time--he suggests pirates may be about the area.
(b) To make it easier to quickly heave anchor.
(c) To give the Atropos more buoyancy with all the gold and silver weight.
(d) To help the Atropos maintain trim in the coming storm.
3. Who accidentally falls overboard?
(b) The Prince.
(c) John Jones.
(d) No one.
4. What does the Mudir offer for the Atropos's continued presence?
(a) Some men to help the Atropos.
(b) Free supplies.
(c) Their friendship.
(d) A couple carpenters to make a new mizzenmast.
5. What does Hornblower do as he sails for his destination?
(a) Drills his midshipmen for their exams.
(b) Reconnoiters harbors.
(c) Writes his report on the treasure salvage.
(d) Fights off two privateers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower give Turner permission to do?
2. Where does Atropos anchor?
3. What size guns does the other English frigate bear?
4. Where does Hornblower take Atropos in her bid for freedom?
5. What does Hornblower do to buy some time to save the man overboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hornblower find when he returns to the Atropos?
2. What does Eisenbeis explain to Hornblower about McCullum's wound?
3. What does Hornblower do after delivering the treasure?
4. Describe Hornblower's interaction with the Mudir.
5. Describe the next attempt at using explosives.
6. Describe the capture of the Castilla.
7. Describe the Atropos' escape from the Marmorice Bay.
8. Describe McCullum and his divers.
9. What does Hornblower tell Eisenbeiss concerning the duel and McCullum?
10. Describe how the treasure is stored and how it is recovered.
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)