|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has leaked?
(a) The explosive jacket.
(c) The fuse house.
(d) The boom.
2. Under whose care is McCullum placed?
(a) The doctor ashore.
(b) A missionary doctor.
(c) The Admiral's personal physician.
3. Who accidentally falls overboard?
(b) No one.
(c) The Prince.
(d) John Jones.
4. How does Hornblower gain information from McCullum?
(b) Patience and humility.
(c) By threats.
(d) McCullum is still too ill to be of any help.
5. Why does Hornblower like the Mudir's suggestion?
(a) Hornblower has no opinion on the suggestion.
(b) Hornblower thinks the Mudir is being accommodating.
(c) It will justify a longer stay.
(d) Because the Mudir is attempting to find the provisions the ship needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the dinner?
2. What else does Hornblower notice as he is scanning the area?
3. Who comes to the Atropos?
4. What does Eisenbeiss do as soon as the ship is still?
5. Who demands to go with the Prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Atropos head after Malta and what does Hornblower do during the voyage?
2. What besides the fortresses has appeared to cause problems for the Atropos?
3. Describe Hornblower's interaction with the Mudir.
4. What is Hornblower's strategy as he is being pursued by the Castilla?
5. What does Hornblower tell Eisenbeiss concerning the duel and McCullum?
6. How do the divers find the ship and what is the resultant plan?
7. What does Hornblower do after delivering the treasure?
8. Where does Atropos sail and from whom does Hornblower receive a dinner invitation?
9. Describe the first attempt at using an explosive device and what is decided as a result.
10. Describe how the treasure is stored and how it is recovered.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)