|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hornblower summon to accompany him?
(a) The Prince.
2. In what kind of shape are the ships after the fighting?
(a) None of the ships is damaged much at all.
(b) All three are heavily damaged.
(c) The English ship that Atropos meets is slowly sinking and Atropos and Castilla have little damage.
(d) The two English ships sustain light damage and the Castilla is listing even worse than before.
3. With what does Looney return after diving down to the ship?
(a) The entire barrel.
(b) Pieces of the bomb.
(d) A silver shilling.
4. What is done with the barrel?
(a) Divers let it float above the ship.
(b) Divers drop it close to the ship.
(c) Divers place it under the ship.
(d) Divers pull it on a long rope into the ship's core.
5. What does Eisenbeiss want to do for McCullum?
(a) Let him die.
(b) Leave him at a larger island for better medical care.
(c) Find a shaman who will have the right herbal concoction.
(d) Remove the bullet surgically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally falls overboard?
2. How much fuse do they need for the explosives?
3. Who demands to go with the Prince?
4. What other information does Turner obtain?
5. What is the name of the Turkish ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hornblower think is good news?
2. What does Eisenbeis explain to Hornblower about McCullum's wound?
3. What does Hornblower do after delivering the treasure?
4. How does the Atropos crew pass the time while the salvage operations are being conducted and how much is ultimately recovered?
5. How does Hornblower continue his ruse concerning the Castilla?
6. Where does Atropos head after Malta and what does Hornblower do during the voyage?
7. Where does Atropos sail and from whom does Hornblower receive a dinner invitation?
8. What does Hornblower suddenly notice about two deserted fortresses?
9. Who wants to go with Hornblower and the Prince and why doesn't Hornblower allow him?
10. Why does the Atropos have to heave to momentarily and what does Hornblower do?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)