|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower say will happen to the doctor if Eisenbeiss contravenes the mutiny acts?
(a) Eisenbeiss will sit for a court martial.
(b) Hornblower knows he cannot do much to Eisenbeiss.
(c) Eisenbeiss will be dismissed off the ship.
(d) Eisenbeiss will swing from a yardarm.
2. What does Hornblower declare about the men on the London brig?
(a) That they are to be tied up and thrown overboard.
(c) That they can have amnesty.
(d) That they are pirates.
3. Who is the one officer Hornblower remembers clearly?
(a) Tom Leighton.
(b) Jacob Miller.
(c) John Jones.
(d) Tom Pullings.
4. Upon what vessel do Hornblower and his family take passage?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Queen Charlotte.
(c) The Queen Anne.
(d) The Queen Elizabeth.
5. Where does the Hornblower family board the vessel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Atropos forced to swing at anchor?
2. How does Maria respond to the views of London.
3. What does the Prince want to do?
4. Why isn't Hornblower fretting overly much about meeting the King?
5. Why do Hornblower and Tom propel the boat through the tunnel on foot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause a crisis for Hornblower and what is his first response?
2. How does Hornblower respond to Eisenbeiss's blusters?
3. Why does the boat stop and what is the captain's concern?
4. Why is Hornblower introduced to the Prince of Seitz-Bunau.
5. Describe Hornblower's encounter with the King.
6. What is recovered from the sea and what does Hornblower figure out from the object?
7. What happens when the Prince and his retinue come on board the Atropos?
8. What is the status of the Atropos when Hornblower questions Lieutenant Jones?
9. How does Hornblower end this chapter as the consummate family man?
10. Describe Maria Hornblower.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)