|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower decide to pursue?
(b) A Spanish privateer.
(c) A French privateer.
(d) The band of nomads who robs the Atropos.
2. What is the reason for the lack of flotsam?
(a) The larazette is metal and sinks.
(b) The sand minimizes impact to the ship.
(c) The barrel focuses the explosion.
(d) The ship's timbers have become completely waterlogged.
3. Who fights a duel?
(a) McCullum and the Prince.
(b) McCullum and Jones.
(c) McCullum and Lieutenant Jones.
(d) McCullum and Eisenbeiss.
4. What does Hornblower notice about the nearby fortress one morning?
(a) It is under attack.
(b) It is no longer deserted.
(c) It is burning.
(d) They are reinforcing the walls.
5. In what has the gold been stored?
(a) Just bars stacked in the hold.
(b) Canvas bags.
(c) Iron pots.
(d) Three massive chests.
6. Who leads the boarding party onto the Castilla?
(a) The first mate.
(c) The captain of the other English ship.
7. What other information does Turner obtain?
(a) Very little.
(b) That a French man-o-war is shortly expected.
(c) That the HMS Leopard just left.
(d) That the English fleet under Lord Cuthbert just left.
8. What does the Mudir use as a reason that the Atropos should stay longer?
(a) A plague.
(b) The townspeople are worried about marauders.
(c) Food is coming in by overland caravan.
(d) Pirates nearby.
9. What will have to be used to enter the reinforced lazarette?
(a) A special cutting tool.
(b) A steel shark cage.
(c) A diver's bell.
10. Where is the last container of gold?
(a) In the captain's cabin.
(b) They do not know.
(c) It's been stolen.
(d) Under the whole wreck.
11. Why do they want to go in through the lazarette?
(a) It is the weakest wall of the ship.
(b) It is where the gold and silver was stored.
(c) It is the only part of the hull not under the sand.
(d) It is faced away from the land so the natives cannot see what is going on.
12. What bargain does the Mudir offer Hornblower?
(a) Give them 1/4 of the treasure.
(b) Hand over the treasure he's taken on board and he can have the rest he can recover.
(c) Give them half the treasure.
(d) Hand over the treasure and they will live.
13. What does Hornblower give Turner permission to do?
(a) Kidnap the Mudir.
(b) Assassinate the Mudir.
(c) Bribe the Governor.
(d) Bribe the Mudir.
14. What is the gunner's name?
15. How does the Mudir respond to Hornblower's anger?
(a) With sarcasm.
(b) With anger.
(c) With glee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower light the fuse?
2. What is done with the barrel?
3. What does Eisenbeiss do as soon as the ship is still?
4. What English ship does the Atropos finally encounter?
5. What is the greatest danger from the wound?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)