|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is McCullum?
(a) In a hospital on the mainland.
(b) On the ship.
(c) In a small boat headed to the mainland.
2. In what kind of shape are the ships after the fighting?
(a) All three are heavily damaged.
(b) The English ship that Atropos meets is slowly sinking and Atropos and Castilla have little damage.
(c) None of the ships is damaged much at all.
(d) The two English ships sustain light damage and the Castilla is listing even worse than before.
3. What does McCullum determine has to be done to recover the last container of gold?
(a) A larger hold must be worked in the larazette.
(b) Someone has to be able to dig under the hull in the sand.
(c) The last container of gold is not recoverable.
(d) The entire ship has to be demolished.
4. To where does Atropos set sail?
(a) Puta Batang.
(c) Marmorice Bay.
5. What does Hornblower give Turner permission to do?
(a) Assassinate the Mudir.
(b) Kidnap the Mudir.
(c) Bribe the Mudir.
(d) Bribe the Governor.
6. Of what does Hornblower try to convince the Turks?
(a) He is fleeing a French man-o-war.
(b) He is searching for a French squadron.
(c) He is fleeing an American privateer.
(d) He is waiting for a French privateer.
7. What does Hornblower negotiate?
(a) Fees for watering and purchasing food.
(b) Fees for recovery of the Speedwell's cargo.
(c) Jurisdiction over the area where the Speedwell sank.
(d) Assistance from the Turks.
8. Where is the fuse placed?
(a) A watertight barrel.
(b) In the water by the hull.
(c) In a floating barrel.
(d) In a hole in the sand.
9. How many guns has the Castilla?
10. What does Hornblower have done to the man who fell overboard while climbing the rigging without permission?
(a) Caned a few times.
(b) Handcuffed and tied to the mast.
(c) Confined to the brig.
11. Where does Eisenbeiss think the bullet is lodged?
(a) Next to the heart.
(b) In McCullum's right lung.
(c) McCullum's scapula.
(d) In McCullum's shoulder blade.
12. What other information does Turner obtain?
(a) That the English fleet under Lord Cuthbert just left.
(b) That the HMS Leopard just left.
(c) That a French man-o-war is shortly expected.
(d) Very little.
13. Who fights a duel?
(a) McCullum and Lieutenant Jones.
(b) McCullum and Jones.
(c) McCullum and the Prince.
(d) McCullum and Eisenbeiss.
14. Where does Hornblower take Atropos in her bid for freedom?
(a) To the east channel.
(b) To the south channel.
(c) To the west passage.
(d) Due north.
15. What is the greatest danger from the wound?
(a) The lungs filling with fluid.
(c) Internal bleeding.
(d) Continuing to open it up with movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eisenbeiss say is required if McCullum is to live?
2. With what does Looney return after diving down to the ship?
3. Why does Hornblower like the Mudir's suggestion?
4. How does Hornblower respond to news of the duel?
5. Who comes to the Atropos?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)