|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the lack of flotsam?
(a) The barrel focuses the explosion.
(b) The ship's timbers have become completely waterlogged.
(c) The sand minimizes impact to the ship.
(d) The larazette is metal and sinks.
2. What is removed from McCullum's wound?
(b) Just a tiny bit of clothing fragment.
(c) A ball and clothing fragments.
(d) Just a piece of the ball.
3. What bargain does the Mudir offer Hornblower?
(a) Hand over the treasure he's taken on board and he can have the rest he can recover.
(b) Give them 1/4 of the treasure.
(c) Hand over the treasure and they will live.
(d) Give them half the treasure.
4. Who is one person who places the explosives under the wreck?
5. Where is the fuse placed?
(a) A watertight barrel.
(b) In the water by the hull.
(c) In a hole in the sand.
(d) In a floating barrel.
6. What does Eisenbeiss do as soon as the ship is still?
(a) Tries to slip away from the ship.
(b) Goes ashore to see if he can find a surgeon.
(c) Goes ashore to search for laudanum.
(d) Performs surgery on McCullum.
7. Who demands to go with the Prince?
(c) The Prince's three bodyguards.
(d) John Jones.
8. In what has the gold been stored?
(a) Iron pots.
(b) Three massive chests.
(c) Canvas bags.
(d) Just bars stacked in the hold.
9. Under whose care is McCullum placed?
(a) The doctor ashore.
(b) A missionary doctor.
(c) The Admiral's personal physician.
10. Where does Atropos go with the treasure?
11. How much fuse do they need for the explosives?
(a) They don't use a fuse-type explosive.
(b) Very short so it cannot be put out.
(c) About ten feet.
(d) Many yards.
12. About what does Jones become confused?
(a) Which ship is closest to Cartagena.
(b) Who is chasing whom.
(c) Which rigging to use in the approaching storm.
(d) How to replace the cracked pinion.
13. How does the Mudir respond to Hornblower's anger?
(a) With sarcasm.
(c) With glee.
(d) With anger.
14. Where does Atropos see the Castilla?
(a) At Cartagena.
(b) At Portilla.
(c) At Seville.
(d) At Lisbonia.
15. What will have to be used to enter the reinforced lazarette?
(b) A diver's bell.
(c) A steel shark cage.
(d) A special cutting tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is improbable that Castilla does?
2. Who goes ashore to make purchases?
3. What is the name of the Turkish ship?
4. What is the greatest danger from the wound?
5. What does Hornblower decide to pursue?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)