|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the Atropos?
(a) The Mudir.
(b) The Turkish captain.
(c) No one.
(d) The fortress's commandant.
2. What does Hornblower notice about the nearby fortress one morning?
(a) It is burning.
(b) It is under attack.
(c) They are reinforcing the walls.
(d) It is no longer deserted.
3. How is the boat guided?
(a) By a man at the tiller.
(b) By the way the sails are set.
(c) With a rack and pinion.
(d) By the paddlewheel.
4. Who is George Turner?
(a) The dive master.
(b) Speedwell's master.
(c) The Atropos's cook.
(d) Admiral Collingwood's aide de camp.
5. What is done with the barrel?
(a) Divers drop it close to the ship.
(b) Divers pull it on a long rope into the ship's core.
(c) Divers place it under the ship.
(d) Divers let it float above the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower find when he returns to his hotel room?
2. What is removed from McCullum's wound?
3. What else does Hornblower notice as he is scanning the area?
4. What does Hornblower give Turner permission to do?
5. What does Hornblower take care with as far as the loading is concerned?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)