|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Hornblower and St. Vincent maneuvered?
(a) To speak in private with Admiral Nelson's widow.
(b) To a smaller group of people.
(c) Out the door to the gardens.
(d) To the balcony overlooking the Thames.
2. What is the horse driver doing?
(a) Dozing on top of one of the horses.
(b) Cruelly whipping the horses.
(c) Singing in a loud voice.
(d) Drinking gin continually.
3. Who is His Serene Highness?
(a) The Prince of Austria-Hungary.
(b) The Prince of Seitz-Bunau.
(c) The Prince of the Ottoman Empire.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
4. How does Hornblower respond to news of the duel?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He is perplexed.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is furious.
5. What will carry the dignitaries during the procession?
(a) They will walk behind the caisson carrying the casket.
(b) A series of barges.
(c) The King's carriages.
(d) Some open topped surreys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower negotiate?
2. Where does Atropos anchor?
3. What else does Hornblower notice as he is scanning the area?
4. What does Hornblower give Turner permission to do?
5. What does Hornblower notice about the nearby fortress one morning?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)