|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Hornblower fretting overly much about meeting the King?
(a) Because he has a cold.
(b) Because he has new orders.
(c) Because St. Vincent says he may not even meet the king personally.
(d) Because he knows he looks and feels his best.
2. What does Hornblower say will happen to the doctor if Eisenbeiss contravenes the mutiny acts?
(a) Eisenbeiss will be dismissed off the ship.
(b) Eisenbeiss will swing from a yardarm.
(c) Eisenbeiss will sit for a court martial.
(d) Hornblower knows he cannot do much to Eisenbeiss.
3. What floats by the Atropos?
(a) An empty life boat.
(b) An oar.
(c) A keg.
(d) A body.
4. Why is Atropos forced to swing at anchor?
(a) To take another person on board.
(b) A French man-o-war.
(d) Thick fog.
5. Where are McCullum's chances of survival best?
(a) Either ashore or on the ship.
(c) His wound is minor.
(d) On the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower have his crew do?
2. Who does Hornblower summon to accompany him?
3. What is the route of the Hornblower family's vessel?
4. Who intervenes between a young man dressed in finery and Hornblower?
5. What does Hornblower give Turner permission to do?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)