|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower light the fuse?
(a) By dropping a live coal in the barrel.
(b) By striking flint against the core.
(c) Through a hole in the barrel.
(d) Through a long pipe.
2. What does Hornblower decide to pursue?
(a) The band of nomads who robs the Atropos.
(c) A Spanish privateer.
(d) A French privateer.
3. What happens to the lead barge?
(a) It springs a leak.
(b) It sinks in under a minute.
(c) It spins sideways.
(d) It rams an underwater obstacle.
4. How does St. Vincent refer to Hornblower?
(a) As a technical sailor.
(b) As the best sea captain in the Navy.
(c) As his protégé.
(d) As a new father.
5. What does Hornblower negotiate?
(a) Fees for recovery of the Speedwell's cargo.
(b) Jurisdiction over the area where the Speedwell sank.
(c) Fees for watering and purchasing food.
(d) Assistance from the Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the lack of flotsam?
2. What does Hornblower call the supplies McCullum takes on board?
3. Where does the boat arrive at the Thames River proper?
4. What does Hornblower do at Oxford?
5. What happens as the barge approaches its destination?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)