|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lord Cuthbert Collingwood?
(a) Maria Hornblower's benefactor.
(b) A hero of Trafalgar.
(c) The Duke of Bollingbroke.
(d) Admiral St. Vincent's best friend.
2. Why is Atropos unprepared for immediate departure?
(a) They are short 20 topmen, water, food, powder and shot.
(b) Half the crew have smallpox.
(c) The Prince has not yet arrived.
(d) Their orders have not yet arrived.
3. Why does Hornblower like the Mudir's suggestion?
(a) It will justify a longer stay.
(b) Hornblower has no opinion on the suggestion.
(c) Hornblower thinks the Mudir is being accommodating.
(d) Because the Mudir is attempting to find the provisions the ship needs.
4. How does Hornblower respond to news of the duel?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is perplexed.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
5. What does Hornblower hear in the distance?
(a) A scream.
(b) A crash.
(c) A shot.
(d) A fog horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hornblower and Tom propel the boat through the tunnel on foot?
2. With what does the Prince arrive on the Atropos?
3. What vessel does Hornblower encounter?
4. What happens to the lead barge?
5. Which canal(s) does the boat go down?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)