|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of affect does Hornblower maintain?
(b) Icy and reserved.
2. For what does Hornblower use the down time?
(a) Writing orders.
(b) Writing his wife.
(c) Inspecting the new carronades.
(d) Drilling his men.
3. Who intervenes between a young man dressed in finery and Hornblower?
(a) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(b) The High Chamberlain to His Serene Highness.
(c) The Earl of West Borough.
(d) Admiral Leighton.
4. Where is Hornblower to proceed?
(d) Port Jackson.
5. What is the route of the Hornblower family's vessel?
(a) From Birmingham to London.
(b) From Dover to London.
(c) From Gloucester to London.
(d) From Surrey to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower have Horrocks do?
2. How is the vessel upon which the Hornblower family rides propelled?
3. What is noticed on the floating object?
4. Where are Hornblower and St. Vincent going?
5. What does Hornblower do as soon as Maria is safely situated in their hotel?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)