|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hornblower play with his son?
(a) He does not have time to see his son.
(b) In the hotel common room.
(c) In his hotel room.
(d) In the nursery.
2. Why do Hornblower and Tom propel the boat through the tunnel on foot?
(a) They need to stretch their legs a bit.
(b) One horse balks at going through the tunnel and then the others do also.
(c) Horses cannot get through the tunnel.
(d) It costs less for the men to use the tunnels than to have horses.
3. To whom does Hornblower whisper an explanation?
(a) No one as that would only compound the embarrassment.
(b) Admiral Lord St. Vincent.
(c) The Earl of Westmoreland.
(d) Lady Nelson.
4. What does Hornblower find stressful?
(a) Guiding the boat through a series of staunches.
(b) His infant son's constant crying.
(c) The extreme heat.
(d) His wife's disapproval.
5. What is procured at Oxford?
(a) A room at a plush inn.
(c) A fresh crew.
(d) An arrest warrant for the drunk teamster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the lead barge?
2. What is parallel to the canal?
3. What is the name of the Tunnel through which the boat goes?
4. What is Hornblower ordered to attend?
5. How is the boat guided?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)