|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower have Horrocks do?
(a) Hold the tiller while two men repair the leak.
(b) Start bailing.
(c) Take a small boat with the coffin to the next barge in line.
(d) Take a small boat to find a new barge.
2. What is parallel to the canal?
(a) A footpath.
(b) A line of trees right along the bank.
(c) A paved road.
(d) A bridge.
3. What is procured at Oxford?
(a) A room at a plush inn.
(b) A fresh crew.
(d) An arrest warrant for the drunk teamster.
4. Where does Hornblower play with his son?
(a) In the hotel common room.
(b) In the nursery.
(c) He does not have time to see his son.
(d) In his hotel room.
5. Who is the one officer Hornblower remembers clearly?
(a) John Jones.
(b) Tom Pullings.
(c) Tom Leighton.
(d) Jacob Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the route of the Hornblower family's vessel?
2. What is the horse driver doing?
3. What happens to the lead barge?
4. Who forbids Hornblower entrance to the room where the coffin lies in state?
5. What angers some of the onlookers?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)