|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hornblowers leave the canal boat?
2. What does the man at the tiller give up on doing?
(a) Telling his crew to row harder.
(b) Trying to engage Hornblower in conversation.
(c) Telling the captain about the weakened pinion rudder.
(d) Keeping the boat completely in line.
3. How does Hornblower get soaked?
(a) By the downpour that comes.
(b) By Horrocks throwing bailed water.
(c) He manages to stay dry.
(d) By the waves shipping over the gunnels.
4. What fascinates Hornblower on the trip?
(a) The way the scrawny mules are able to pull so much weight.
(b) The way the sails are manipulated.
(c) The way the boat is constructed.
(d) The various types of terrain they pass.
5. What does Hornblower do as soon as Maria is safely situated in their hotel?
(a) Goes to see the Admiralty.
(b) Goes down to the tavern to have a decent meal.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Dons his uniform and assumes command of Atropos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the horse driver doing?
2. What is procured at Oxford?
3. What angers some of the onlookers?
4. What does Hornblower have Horrocks do?
5. Where does Hornblower play with his son?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)