|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hornblower missing?
(a) His watch.
(b) His left epaulet.
(c) His hat.
(d) His sword.
2. What does Hornblower do as soon as Maria is safely situated in their hotel?
(a) Dons his uniform and assumes command of Atropos.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Goes to see the Admiralty.
(d) Goes down to the tavern to have a decent meal.
3. What does Hornblower find stressful?
(a) The extreme heat.
(b) His infant son's constant crying.
(c) Guiding the boat through a series of staunches.
(d) His wife's disapproval.
4. What does Hornblower have his crew do?
(a) Repaint the Atropos to reflect a change of command.
(b) Help him write out hundreds of orders for individuals.
(c) Mend the sails for getting underway.
(d) Scrub the Atropos from stem to stern.
5. Who forbids Hornblower entrance to the room where the coffin lies in state?
(a) No one.
(b) A marine corporal.
(c) Lieutenant Bracegirdle.
(d) Sgt. Lickket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the boat guided?
2. What is parallel to the canal?
3. From where does Hornblower hang his pocket watch?
4. What cannot be found?
5. What does Hornblower find when he returns to his hotel room?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)