|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forbids Hornblower entrance to the room where the coffin lies in state?
(a) Sgt. Lickket.
(b) A marine corporal.
(c) No one.
(d) Lieutenant Bracegirdle.
2. What does Hornblower do as soon as Maria is safely situated in their hotel?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Goes to see the Admiralty.
(c) Dons his uniform and assumes command of Atropos.
(d) Goes down to the tavern to have a decent meal.
3. What is a wherry?
(a) A rowed craft.
(b) A flat ferry barge.
(c) An animal similar to a cow.
(d) A cross between a horse and a special type of donkey.
4. What is the name of the Tunnel through which the boat goes?
5. Why do Hornblower and Tom propel the boat through the tunnel on foot?
(a) It costs less for the men to use the tunnels than to have horses.
(b) One horse balks at going through the tunnel and then the others do also.
(c) Horses cannot get through the tunnel.
(d) They need to stretch their legs a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the oarsman deprecatory?
2. What cannot be found?
3. How long would the overland passage have been that Hornblower just traveled by boat in less than a day?
4. About what does Maria fret?
5. How does Hornblower get soaked?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)