|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does St. Vincent refer to Hornblower?
(a) As a technical sailor.
(b) As a new father.
(c) As the best sea captain in the Navy.
(d) As his protégé.
2. How does Hornblower get soaked?
(a) By Horrocks throwing bailed water.
(b) He manages to stay dry.
(c) By the waves shipping over the gunnels.
(d) By the downpour that comes.
3. How is the dinner?
(a) Hornblower is bored.
(c) A disaster.
4. What month and year is it that the Atropos sails to Gibraltar?
(a) August, 1804.
(b) July, 1806.
(c) June, 1810.
(d) September, 1808.
5. Why does Admiral St. Vincent apologize?
(a) For leaving Hornblower to the "wolves."
(b) He does not apologize.
(c) For Hornblower's confusion.
(d) For the Prince's arrogance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hornblower gain his first view of Atropos?
2. What does Hornblower arrange to be brought on board?
3. What does Hornblower take care with as far as the loading is concerned?
4. With whom is Hornblower invited to dine?
5. What does the Turkish vessel do once Atropos is in open seas?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)