|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Speedwell?
(a) A French privateer.
(b) A ship that needs to be salvaged.
(c) The flagship of the fleet.
(d) An American privateer.
2. Why isn't Hornblower fretting overly much about meeting the King?
(a) Because he has a cold.
(b) Because St. Vincent says he may not even meet the king personally.
(c) Because he knows he looks and feels his best.
(d) Because he has new orders.
3. What is one Turkish ship like that Hornblower notices?
(a) It is signaling to someone else.
(b) It is obsolete but still much more heavily armed than Atropos.
(c) It is flying French colours.
(d) It is smaller than Atropos but carries far more carronades.
4. Where is Hornblower to proceed?
(a) Port Jackson.
5. What does Hornblower send ashore?
(a) The parrot.
(b) Doctor Eisenbeiss.
(c) The four monkeys.
(d) The Prince's excess baggage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Hornblower and St. Vincent going?
2. What is the name of the Tunnel through which the boat goes?
3. Whose funeral procession is Hornblower charged with planning?
4. What is the route of the Hornblower family's vessel?
5. What is Lieutenant Jones' full name?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)