|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower say will happen to the doctor if Eisenbeiss contravenes the mutiny acts?
(a) Eisenbeiss will be dismissed off the ship.
(b) Eisenbeiss will sit for a court martial.
(c) Eisenbeiss will swing from a yardarm.
(d) Hornblower knows he cannot do much to Eisenbeiss.
2. How does Hornblower respond to news of the duel?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He is perplexed.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is anxious.
3. How does Maria respond to the views of London.
(a) She thinks it's is smaller and dirtier than she imagined.
(b) She is in the cabin with her ill son and not seeing the sights.
(c) Indifferent as she's been here many times.
(d) She is awestruck.
4. How does Hornblower light the fuse?
(a) Through a hole in the barrel.
(b) Through a long pipe.
(c) By striking flint against the core.
(d) By dropping a live coal in the barrel.
5. Where is McCullum?
(b) In a hospital on the mainland.
(c) In a small boat headed to the mainland.
(d) On the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with the barrel?
2. What will happen to Eisenbeiss if McCullum dies?
3. What does McCullum determine has to be done to recover the last container of gold?
4. Whose funeral procession is Hornblower charged with planning?
5. What does Hornblower notice about the nearby fortress one morning?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)