|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17, and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which canal(s) does the boat go down?
(a) Thames and Severn.
(b) Just the Cotswald.
(c) Just the Thames.
(d) The Severn and Cotswald.
2. What does Hornblower ask the King?
(a) If he could have command of the HMS Shannon.
(b) What he is referring to.
(d) If the King would like an inspection of the Atropos.
3. What is the name of the Turkish ship?
(b) It is not mentioned.
4. How does Hornblower get soaked?
(a) By the downpour that comes.
(b) By the waves shipping over the gunnels.
(c) By Horrocks throwing bailed water.
(d) He manages to stay dry.
5. What does the King announce that confuses Hornblower?
(b) The flawless funeral procession.
(c) That Atropos is to be commanded by someone else.
(d) A reference about Hornblower's command and His Serene Highness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lord Cuthbert Collingwood?
2. Where are McCullum's chances of survival best?
3. How is the boat guided?
4. What is Lieutenant Jones' full name?
5. What angers some of the onlookers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)