|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral procession is Hornblower charged with planning?
(a) Admiral Leighton.
(b) Lord Barton.
(c) Lord Nelson.
(d) Admiral Fulton.
2. What angers some of the onlookers?
(a) That the barge sinks with the coffin onboard.
(b) Hornblower's breach in protocol.
(c) That the coffin falls and cracks open.
(d) Nothing because they can see the problem.
3. What does Hornblower arrange to be brought on board?
(a) His own cook.
(b) The judge for the court martial of a crewmember.
(c) A commissioner.
(d) Powder, shot and water.
4. What does the man at the tiller give up on doing?
(a) Telling the captain about the weakened pinion rudder.
(b) Telling his crew to row harder.
(c) Keeping the boat completely in line.
(d) Trying to engage Hornblower in conversation.
5. Who is the one officer Hornblower remembers clearly?
(a) Tom Leighton.
(b) John Jones.
(c) Jacob Miller.
(d) Tom Pullings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which canal(s) does the boat go down?
2. What is the horse driver doing?
3. How long would the overland passage have been that Hornblower just traveled by boat in less than a day?
4. Where do the Hornblowers leave the canal boat?
5. Who is Doctor Eisenbeiss?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)