|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the horse driver?
(a) He runs off.
(b) He is trampled by a horse.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He passes out.
2. What is discovered about many of the casks of meat on board the Atropos?
(a) They are much better quality than usual.
(b) The rats ate them.
(c) They are tough, tasteless but useable.
(d) They are inedible.
3. What does the King announce that confuses Hornblower?
(a) That Atropos is to be commanded by someone else.
(b) A reference about Hornblower's command and His Serene Highness.
(c) The flawless funeral procession.
4. What does Hornblower do at the end of the day of loading Atropos?
(a) Goes to retrieve the Prince from his quarters.
(c) Goes to a tavern with several officers.
(d) Goes home to say goodbye to Maria and his family.
5. Who intervenes between a young man dressed in finery and Hornblower?
(a) The High Chamberlain to His Serene Highness.
(b) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(c) Admiral Leighton.
(d) The Earl of West Borough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is driving horses?
2. What does Hornblower ask the King?
3. How is Hornblower when he meets St. Vincent?
4. What does Hornblower volunteer to do?
5. How long would the overland passage have been that Hornblower just traveled by boat in less than a day?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)