|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hornblower and Tom propel the boat through the tunnel on foot?
(a) Horses cannot get through the tunnel.
(b) It costs less for the men to use the tunnels than to have horses.
(c) One horse balks at going through the tunnel and then the others do also.
(d) They need to stretch their legs a bit.
2. How is the vessel upon which the Hornblower family rides propelled?
3. Why does the boat carry a long scythe blade at her prow?
(a) In case the boat is attacked.
(b) To cut the tow lines in an emergency.
(c) To cut through the thick weeds that grow in the water.
(d) Because her captain is authorized to cut any boat that fails to yield.
4. What happens to the horse driver?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He runs off.
(d) He is trampled by a horse.
5. What is a wherry?
(a) An animal similar to a cow.
(b) A rowed craft.
(c) A flat ferry barge.
(d) A cross between a horse and a special type of donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower say will happen to the doctor if Eisenbeiss contravenes the mutiny acts?
2. What fascinates Hornblower on the trip?
3. Who is Lord Cuthbert Collingwood?
4. How fast does the boat move?
5. With what does the Prince arrive on the Atropos?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)