|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11, and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lord Cuthbert Collingwood?
(a) Admiral St. Vincent's best friend.
(b) Maria Hornblower's benefactor.
(c) A hero of Trafalgar.
(d) The Duke of Bollingbroke.
2. What is a wherry?
(a) A cross between a horse and a special type of donkey.
(b) An animal similar to a cow.
(c) A rowed craft.
(d) A flat ferry barge.
3. What is Hornblower missing?
(a) His watch.
(b) His left epaulet.
(c) His sword.
(d) His hat.
4. Which canal(s) does the boat go down?
(a) Just the Thames.
(b) The Severn and Cotswald.
(c) Just the Cotswald.
(d) Thames and Severn.
5. How does Hornblower respond to news of the duel?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He is perplexed.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do other ships in the area do?
2. How is the boat guided?
3. How does Maria respond to the views of London.
4. What happens to the lead barge?
5. What is the route of the Hornblower family's vessel?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)