|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11, and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hornblower to proceed?
(b) Port Jackson.
2. What does Hornblower volunteer to do?
(a) Ride ahead to find some help.
(b) Keep the boat safe while the captain goes ashore to find help.
(c) Steer the boat.
(d) Drive the horses.
3. What does Hornblower send ashore?
(a) Doctor Eisenbeiss.
(b) The Prince's excess baggage.
(c) The parrot.
(d) The four monkeys.
4. What is procured at Oxford?
(a) An arrest warrant for the drunk teamster.
(c) A fresh crew.
(d) A room at a plush inn.
5. Why is Atropos unprepared for immediate departure?
(a) Half the crew have smallpox.
(b) They are short 20 topmen, water, food, powder and shot.
(c) Their orders have not yet arrived.
(d) The Prince has not yet arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is His Serene Highness?
2. What does Hornblower declare about the men on the London brig?
3. How is the vessel upon which the Hornblower family rides propelled?
4. Why is Atropos forced to swing at anchor?
5. Where does the boat arrive at the Thames River proper?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)