|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14, and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower get soaked?
(a) By the waves shipping over the gunnels.
(b) He manages to stay dry.
(c) By the downpour that comes.
(d) By Horrocks throwing bailed water.
2. What do other ships in the area do?
(a) Drop anchor also.
(b) Proceed to open seas.
(c) Move towards the coastline.
(d) Go back into the harbour.
3. Why do they want to go in through the lazarette?
(a) It is the only part of the hull not under the sand.
(b) It is faced away from the land so the natives cannot see what is going on.
(c) It is where the gold and silver was stored.
(d) It is the weakest wall of the ship.
4. Where will the procession end?
(a) Westminister Cathedral.
(b) Whitehall Steps.
(c) Buckminister Abby.
(d) St. Thomas Cathedral.
5. Where is the fuse placed?
(a) In a floating barrel.
(b) In the water by the hull.
(c) In a hole in the sand.
(d) A watertight barrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Atropos forced to swing at anchor?
2. Why are more reliable methods not tried first?
3. What is noticed on the floating object?
4. What does Hornblower realize when he comes aboard the London brig?
5. Who is George Turner?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)