Chapters 1 and 2
1. Upon what vessel do Hornblower and his family take passage?
(a) The Queen Anne.
(b) The Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Queen Charlotte.
2. How is the vessel upon which the Hornblower family rides propelled?
3. What is the route of the Hornblower family's vessel?
(a) From Gloucester to London.
(b) From Birmingham to London.
(c) From Surrey to London.
(d) From Dover to London.
4. What fascinates Hornblower on the trip?
(a) The way the sails are manipulated.
(b) The way the boat is constructed.
(c) The various types of terrain they pass.
(d) The way the scrawny mules are able to pull so much weight.
5. Where does the Hornblower family board the vessel?
6. Which canal(s) does the boat go down?
(a) The Severn and Cotswald.
(b) Just the Thames.
(c) Just the Cotswald.
(d) Thames and Severn.
7. About what does Maria fret?
(a) Their son is crying.
(b) Her sister's upcoming marriage.
(c) The sun is going to ruin her complexion.
(d) Hornblower's indecorous behavior.
This section contains 4,612 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)