|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hope realize she is acting while waitressing when her birth mother is in the restaurant?
2. What does Hope tell Lou Ellen she thinks of her for how she takes care of Anastasia?
3. How did Hope spend her summer in Mulhoney?
4. Who hosts the picnic that Hope takes Braverman to?
5. What advice does Hope give G.T. about working in the kitchen with Addie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the students react to new about Braverman's beating?
2. Why does Hope get so emotional when G.T. tells her that her birth mother is missing out on a great daughter?
3. What happens after Hope and Braverman's first small date?
4. What options do Hope and Braverman have for college?
5. How does Hope feel about Addie and G.T. getting married?
6. What does Braverman do when Hope says she is uncomfortable going out on a date?
7. What advice does Deena give Hope before leaving after she visits her in the diner?
8. What happens after Babcock discovers that only supporters of G.T. are burglary victims?
9. What is Addie concerned about with her upcoming wedding?
10. What message does G.T. give to Mayor Millstone in the paper after the string of burglaries are connected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the information the reader learns about Hope's relationship with Braverman contribute to her character? Provide at least 3 specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 3 things that Bauer is able to do with the character of Hope because she is a girl AND at least 3 things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a girl.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 aspects of "Hope Was Here" that make the novel believable as well as what literary devices Bauer uses to create that level of believability OR analyze at least 3 aspects of "Hope Was Here" that make the novel unbelievable as well as what literary devices Bauer does not use effectively to create a level of believability in the story.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)