|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hope feel about starting school in Mulhoney?
2. How many friends are the high school kids told to tell to vote for G.T.?
3. What pattern does Babcock figure out about whose houses are being burglarized before the election?
4. What advice does Hope give G.T. about working in the kitchen with Addie?
5. How does Braverman react when Hope tells him what her birth name was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Braverman do in response to being beaten up for supporting G.T.?
2. How does Hope respond to the reporter's question about how she would feel if G.T. died?
3. What message does G.T. give to Mayor Millstone in the paper after the string of burglaries are connected?
4. How do the students react to new about Braverman's beating?
5. What is Addie concerned about with her upcoming wedding?
6. How does Hope feel about Addie and G.T. getting married?
7. What happens when Braverman is beaten up?
8. What happens after Hope and Braverman's first small date?
9. What options do Hope and Braverman have for college?
10. Why does Hope get so emotional when G.T. tells her that her birth mother is missing out on a great daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 literary techniques Bauer uses to make one character of your choosing from "Hope Was Here" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hope with her birth mother. What are their similarities? What are their differences? Make sure to use specific evidence in the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Identify what you think is the tone for "Hope Was Here" and discuss 3 literary devices that Bauer uses to create this tone.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)