|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the polls stay open on Election Day?
2. What pattern does Babcock figure out about whose houses are being burglarized before the election?
3. Where do G.T. and Addie go for a honeymoon?
4. How does Lou Ellen react when she sees Anastasia finally take and hold her bottle from Hope?
5. Where to Hope and G.T. first stop when they are politicking together in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Addie concerned about with her upcoming wedding?
2. Why is G.T. grateful for Beal's actions at the restaurant where Hope and Addie used to work?
3. How does Babcock get the Carbingers released from jail?
4. What happens after Babcock discovers that only supporters of G.T. are burglary victims?
5. What does Deputy Babcock come to discover about the incident with the mouse in the salad in G.T.'s diner?
6. What advice does Deena give Hope before leaving after she visits her in the diner?
7. What message does G.T. give to Mayor Millstone in the paper after the string of burglaries are connected?
8. How do the students react to new about Braverman's beating?
9. What happens when Braverman is beaten up?
10. How does Hope respond to the reporter's question about how she would feel if G.T. died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bauer portrays authority figures in "Hope Was Here," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Uncle Sid and G.T. Make sure to address any commentary Bauer may be making about which character's values and ethics are superior, especially as they relate to the politics of running for election.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 3 things that Bauer is able to do with the character of Hope because she is a girl AND at least 3 things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a girl.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)