|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After G.T. becomes mayor, what kinds of civic projects do Hope and Braverman do to help make the city better?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Paint houses.
(c) Fix fences.
(d) Mow grass.
2. When does G.T. propose to Addie?
(a) When he learns that she has bought a winning lottery ticket.
(b) When he learns his illness is in remission.
(c) When she is yelling at him in the diner.
(d) When Hope convinces him to do it one lazy afternoon.
3. How does Sid advise striking back against the mayor's nasty radio ads?
(a) He doesn't give any advice since G.T. fired him a long time ago.
(b) To strike back in an equally nasty way.
(c) To step up the grassroots efforts.
(d) To just ignore them.
4. What is the second thing G.T. does as mayor?
(a) Marries Addie.
(b) Visits the president in Washington, D.C.
(c) Calls for a press conference where he gave a 4-hour speech.
(d) Fines Real Fresh Dairy for the back taxes they owe.
5. How does Addie describe the food she eats on her honeymoon?
(a) "Not as good as my own."
(d) "The worst I've ever had."
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern does Babcock figure out about whose houses are being burglarized before the election?
2. As his health continues to decline, what kinds of questions does G.T. avoid in interviews?
3. What does Braverman give Hope to help her keep her mind off her mother when she first comes into the diner?
4. What does Hope tell Lou Ellen she thinks of her for how she takes care of Anastasia?
5. What do the polls indicate about the mayoral race right before the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Hope rather be doing instead of going to school when school resumes?
2. What options do Hope and Braverman have for college?
3. What happens after G.T. gives his scolding message to Mayor Millstone in the Mulhoney Messenger?
4. What does Hope tell Braverman about the tension between herself and Braverman after he asks her out on a date?
5. What does Deputy Babcock come to discover about the incident with the mouse in the salad in G.T.'s diner?
6. What happens after Hope and Braverman's first small date?
7. How does Hope respond to the reporter's question about how she would feel if G.T. died?
8. What message does G.T. give to Mayor Millstone in the paper after the string of burglaries are connected?
9. What does Braverman do in response to being beaten up for supporting G.T.?
10. How do Addie and G.T. disagree about Addie's cooking at the diner?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)