|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Addie come home from her first date with G.T.?
(a) Eight o'clock at night.
(b) Six o'clock in the morning.
(c) Ten o'clock at night.
(d) One o'clock in the morning.
2. How does Hope feel about starting school in Mulhoney?
(a) She can't wait for it to come.
(b) She is nervous but also excited.
(c) She doesn't want to.
(d) She isn't planning on going to school there.
3. When does G.T. propose to Addie?
(a) When Hope convinces him to do it one lazy afternoon.
(b) When he learns that she has bought a winning lottery ticket.
(c) When he learns his illness is in remission.
(d) When she is yelling at him in the diner.
4. What does Deena call Hope when she meets her in the diner?
5. How does Hope react when Braverman tells her that her changed name is perfect for her?
(a) Her heart does a flip.
(b) She start laughing really hard and can't stop.
(c) She faints.
(d) She gets really angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the town begin to view Addie's cooking once she'd been there for a little while?
2. How does Addie react when G.T. asks her for a date?
3. How does Hope realize she is acting while waitressing when her birth mother is in the restaurant?
4. How long do the polls stay open on Election Day?
5. What injuries does Braverman have after he is beaten up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hope when Braverman starts laughing at how her birth name was "Tulip"?
2. What does Braverman do when Hope says she is uncomfortable going out on a date?
3. What advice does Deena give Hope before leaving after she visits her in the diner?
4. What happens after Babcock discovers that only supporters of G.T. are burglary victims?
5. How do Addie and Braverman try to support Hope when they realize she is initially upset when Deena stops by to visit?
6. How do Lou Ellen and Flo react when G.T. asks Addie out on a date?
7. How does Hope feel about Addie and G.T. getting married?
8. What would Hope rather be doing instead of going to school when school resumes?
9. Why does Hope get so emotional when G.T. tells her that her birth mother is missing out on a great daughter?
10. What does Braverman do in response to being beaten up for supporting G.T.?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)