|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hope do that annoys Lou Ellen in Chapter 5?
(a) Makes more in tips than she does.
(b) Fills up the coffee cups of some of her diners.
(c) Spills coffee all over the place.
(d) Keeps calling her by the wrong name.
2. Who tells Sid that G.T. is not the type to play dirty in a campaign?
(c) Slick Bixby.
3. Who is the owner of the diner in Mulhoney where Hope and Addie are going to work?
(a) G.T. Stoop.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
4. Why wasn't Hope expected to survive when she was born?
(a) She was so small.
(b) She caught pneumonia.
(c) Her lungs collapsed.
(d) Her heart wasn't fully formed yet.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Flo tell a group of men she'll need before she puts up one of their posters?
(b) A copy of their advertising permit.
(d) G.T.'s permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does G.T. report the mayor has said to him about the dairy farm's unpaid taxes?
2. What do the teenagers have with them when they first go out to collect signatures for G.T.'s mayoral campaign?
3. What does Hope do for Lou Ellen when she first has a minor breakdown about her daughter?
4. Who is Hope's father?
5. How does Sid advise G.T. to answer any question he is asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Addie and Flo first interact when they meet each other?
2. What does Mrs. Pettibone do for Hope to calm her down after she is assaulted in the Farmer's Market parking lot?
3. How does Hope come about helping on G.T.'s campaign?
4. What does Deena tell Hope about her father?
5. Why does Deena name Hope "Tulip"?
6. What happens between Deputy Babcock and the Carbinger brothers after Babcock finds them assaulting Hope?
7. Why does Mayor Millstone want a picture with G.T.?
8. Why does G.T. like to plant trees?
9. What does G.T. tell the crowd in Chapter 4 about why he is running for mayor?
10. Why does Hope change her name?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)