|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Braverman's last girlfriend?
(a) She dumped him before she left for college.
(b) She died in a car accident.
(c) Nothing; they just grew apart.
(d) She moved to New York and was never heard from again.
2. Who is Brenda Babcock?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) One of the prettiest women Hope has ever seen.
(c) A deputy sheriff.
(d) Flo's friend.
3. What does Mayor Millstone want a picture of himself and G.T. doing?
(b) Shaking hands.
(c) Sharing beers.
(d) Looking over reports.
4. How many people live in Mulhoney?
5. What compliment does G.T. give Hope when she first starts that makes her smile?
(a) He tells her the customers all think she is very pretty.
(b) He tells her she is smart enough to run the entire diner herself.
(c) He tells her he thinks she is very pretty.
(d) He tells her she is a good waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does G.T. report the mayor has said to him about the dairy farm's unpaid taxes?
2. Where does G.T. first start collecting signatures for mayor?
3. Who is allowed to sign the petition to get G.T. on the ballot?
4. Who does Hope recruit to help serve in the diner when there is an onslaught of customers?
5. Who is the owner of the diner in Mulhoney where Hope and Addie are going to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and when does Hope start boxing?
2. How do the diner patrons react when they see how G.T. handles the hearse outside of the diner?
3. How does Braverman react when one of Millstone's supporters parks a hearse out in front of the diner?
4. Why does Hope change her name?
5. Why does Sheriff Greebs make some people leave G.T.'s diner in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Deena name Hope "Tulip"?
7. Why does Addie's husband leave?
8. Why do Addie and Hope have to leave their restaurant in New York?
9. Where does the "Welcome Stairways" diner get its name?
10. What happens when a woman ask Mayor Millstone to release the name of his campaign contributors when he stops by the diner to have his picture taken with G.T.?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)