|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual athletic activity for a girl has Hope participated in since she was 11?
2. What does G.T. tell Hope about changing schools?
(a) That it's good because you learn a lot of things.
(b) That Addie needs to be a better mom and stop doing it to Hope.
(c) That he hated it when he was young, too.
(d) That she should stop complaining about it.
3. Who took all the money from the diner Hope and Addie worked at before they moved to Mulhoney?
(a) Sam McPherson.
(b) Brice Harrison.
(c) Lauren Addinson.
(d) Gleason Beal.
4. What deadline does the Election Board official give G.T. for revising his petition?
(a) Until 5:00 p.m. that day.
(b) One week.
(c) As long as it takes for him to get it right.
(d) One hour.
5. What compliment does G.T. give Hope when she first starts that makes her smile?
(a) He tells her she is smart enough to run the entire diner herself.
(b) He tells her she is a good waitress.
(c) He tells her he thinks she is very pretty.
(d) He tells her the customers all think she is very pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miscarriages did Addie have before she took Hope in?
2. How does Sid advise G.T. to answer any question he is asked?
3. Who does Hope recruit to help serve in the diner when there is an onslaught of customers?
4. How does Hope's first day go in the Mulhoney diner?
5. What makes the teenagers think that the tax assessor's office is up to something shady after they turn in their required signatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pastor Hall get the Election Board official to change her mind about G.T. not having enough signatures on his petition?
2. How do the diner patrons react when they see how G.T. handles the hearse outside of the diner?
3. Why and when does Hope start boxing?
4. What is in Hope's Dad's Scrapbook?
5. Why are many people in town concerned about signing G.T.'s petition to run for mayor?
6. Why does Deena give Hope to Addie?
7. How does Braverman defend G.T. to voters who are unsure about his candidacy in Chapter 6?
8. Why does Sheriff Greebs make some people leave G.T.'s diner in Chapter 5?
9. How does Hope come about helping on G.T.'s campaign?
10. Why does Mayor Millstone want a picture with G.T.?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)