|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Addie react when G.T. asks her for a date?
(a) She is stunned at first but then agrees to go.
(b) She says okay but not until Hope leaves for college.
(c) She is really mad.
(d) She is embarassed and declines.
2. What does the mayor claim in a series of damaging radio ads?
(a) That G.T.'s illness has spread to his brain.
(b) That G.T. is corrupt and trying to maniuplate the voters.
(c) That G.T. is a member of the mob.
(d) That G.T. got on the ballot using bribery and cheap tricks.
3. What does Braverman tell Hope about her mixed feelings about her birth mother's pending visit?
(a) That she is being immature and silly.
(b) That she needs to just grow up already.
(c) That he felt the same way when his father visited not long ago.
(d) That she should try to focus on the positive.
4. What time does Addie come home from her first date with G.T.?
(a) Eight o'clock at night.
(b) Ten o'clock at night.
(c) One o'clock in the morning.
(d) Six o'clock in the morning.
5. What advice does Hope give G.T. about working in the kitchen with Addie?
(a) G.T. is the only person who has been able to do it successfully.
(b) Addie once got so frustrated with someone else she chopped their finger off with a butcher knife.
(c) It only works if you let Addie have full reign.
(d) Addie secretly likes it when someone else takes control.
6. How long do the polls stay open on Election Day?
(a) Until 9:00 p.m.
(b) Until every person has cast their ballot.
(c) Until 12:00 a.m.
(d) Until 5:00 p.m.
7. Who is NOT surprised that G.T. asks Addie out on a date?
(a) Both Lou Ellen and Flo.
(b) Neither Lou Ellen nor Flo.
(d) Lou Ellen.
8. What does Deena call Hope when she meets her in the diner?
9. What strange coincidence occurs on the day Braverman is beaten up?
(a) A solar eclipse happened.
(b) None; this is a trick question.
(c) Babcock has the day off.
(d) A lunar eclipse happened.
10. How did Hope spend her summer in Mulhoney?
(a) Working at the diner.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Campaigning for G.T.
(d) Hanging out with people.
11. Who does G.T. appoint as the head of the Students for Community Involvement?
12. Where does Broom announce his support for G.T.?
(a) At the diner.
(b) At the dairy.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) At city hall.
13. How does Hope react when G.T. asks Addie for a date?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is furiously angry.
(d) She couldn't care less what Addie does.
14. What does G.T. do with the money the Real Fresh Dairy finally pays in back taxes?
(a) Pays for Hope's college tuition.
(b) Puts it in a government savings account.
(c) Embezzles it.
(d) Uses it to help the poor.
15. How does the town begin to view Addie's cooking once she'd been there for a little while?
(a) As not great but cheap enough to justify.
(b) As not very good but not very bad, either.
(c) As gross.
(d) As very good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Hope is working in the restaurant while her mother is there?
2. How does G.T. respond to Braverman's being beaten up?
3. Where do G.T. and Addie go for a honeymoon?
4. Where does G.T. propose taking Addie for their first date?
5. What does a woman claim to find in her salad in G.T.'s diner?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)