|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sid advise striking back against the mayor's nasty radio ads?
(a) He doesn't give any advice since G.T. fired him a long time ago.
(b) To strike back in an equally nasty way.
(c) To just ignore them.
(d) To step up the grassroots efforts.
2. What does Hope do while G.T. shakes hands while politicking?
(a) Hands out literature.
(b) Helps manage the crowd.
(c) Takes photos.
(d) Acts as a bodyguard since she knows how to box.
3. How long do the polls stay open on Election Day?
(a) Until every person has cast their ballot.
(b) Until 12:00 a.m.
(c) Until 9:00 p.m.
(d) Until 5:00 p.m.
4. How does G.T. respond to Braverman's being beaten up?
(a) He goes after Braverman's attackers with a gun.
(b) He is very upset.
(c) He is too sick to notice.
(d) Everyone hides it from him so he won't get upset.
5. What does G.T. do before he tries to collect votes while out politicking with Hope?
(a) Spray cologne on.
(b) Check his hair.
(c) Take off his wedding ring.
6. What does G.T. think is the best thing Addie cooks?
(a) Apple pie.
(c) BBQ chicken.
7. What injuries does Braverman have after he is beaten up?
(a) A gash over his eye and two broken ribs.
(b) A broken leg and a badly bruised elbow.
(c) Barely any cuts and bruises since he's so big and strong.
(d) A sprained ankle and a black eye.
8. Whose house gets burglarized during the streak of burglaries that happens prior to the election?
9. Where does Hope's mother Deena live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
(d) St. Louis.
10. Where does Hope get accepted to college?
(a) Hope College.
(b) The University of Arizona.
(c) Michigan State.
(d) Occidental College.
11. What does Addie think is the best thing she cooks?
(b) Apple pie.
(c) BBQ chicken.
12. How many friends are the high school kids told to tell to vote for G.T.?
(d) As many as possible.
13. What pattern does Babcock figure out about whose houses are being burglarized before the election?
(a) Only men.
(b) Supporters of Mayor Millstone.
(c) Only women.
(d) Supporters of G.T.
14. How does Addie react when G.T. asks her for a date?
(a) She is embarassed and declines.
(b) She is really mad.
(c) She is stunned at first but then agrees to go.
(d) She says okay but not until Hope leaves for college.
15. What does Lou Ellen tell Hope about Anastasia's father?
(a) That he died.
(b) That she wishes she had married him.
(c) That he's already married to someone else.
(d) That she doesn't know where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does G.T. appoint as the head of the Students for Community Involvement?
2. What does Braverman do before he tells Hope that her changed name is perfect for her?
3. What's the third thing G.T. did as mayor?
4. How does Addie react when she hears that G.T.'s illness is in remission?
5. Who is NOT surprised that G.T. asks Addie out on a date?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)