|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sid do for a living?
(a) He is a very famous novelist.
(b) He is a spin doctor.
(c) He is a reporter.
(d) He is a doctor.
2. Which of the following states have Hope and Addie NOT worked in?
(a) New York.
3. What does Mayor Millstone want a picture of himself and G.T. doing?
(b) Looking over reports.
(c) Shaking hands.
(d) Sharing beers.
4. Where does G.T. announce that he wants to run for mayor?
(a) In a park off Grimes Square.
(b) In the diner.
(c) On the radio.
(d) On TV.
5. Who convinces the Election Board official to give G.T. some extra time to get correct signatures on his petition?
(c) Pastor Hall.
6. Who organizes a bunch of teenagers to get signatures for G.T.?
(b) Adam Pulver.
7. What does G.T. offer the driver of the hearse?
(a) The chance to leave in 30 seconds or be shot.
(b) A free breakfast.
(c) Nothing; he just ignores him.
(d) A bribe.
8. What does Hope overhear Lou Ellen complaining about?
(a) That she takes Lou Ellen's customers.
(b) How Hope just waltzed in and got a job.
(c) How Hope has all the boyfriends she could ever get.
(d) That she is a very bad waitress.
9. Why does G.T. claim not to have to worry about getting his hair in the food?
(a) Because he always sees it fall in thanks to his amazing eyesight.
(b) Because it's so thin no one will notice it.
(c) Because it's so long it all reaches back into a ponytail.
(d) Because he lost it all from chemotherapy.
10. How many signatures does the board disqualify from G.T.'s initial petition?
11. What makes the teenagers think that the tax assessor's office is up to something shady after they turn in their required signatures?
(a) Nothing; this is a trick question.
(b) The office suddenly closes.
(c) No one talks when they walk in.
(d) They are almost *too* friendly.
12. Who is Cranston Broom?
(a) Mayor Millstone's son.
(b) A boy Hope has a crush on.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) The owner of the Real Foods Dairy.
13. How many men approach Hope as she is trying to gather additional signatures for G.T.'s ballot?
14. What relationship do Addie and Deena have?
(a) They are twin sisters.
(b) Deena is Addie's older sister.
(c) Addie is Deena's older sister.
(d) They are good friends who just call themselves sisters.
15. How does Sid advise G.T. to answer any question he is asked?
(a) To just talk about his vision for the town.
(b) To always talk about how bad of a mayor Millstone is.
(c) To mention his cancer.
(d) To talk about how much he loves his ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sid that G.T. is not the type to play dirty in a campaign?
2. How many people live in Mulhoney?
3. What causes Hope to yell for help as she is trying to gather additional signatures for G.T.'s ballot?
4. Where does Mayor Millstone claim he got the money from to build his very large house?
5. Who parks the hearse outside of G.T.'s diner?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)