|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does G.T. claim not to have to worry about getting his hair in the food?
(a) Because it's so thin no one will notice it.
(b) Because it's so long it all reaches back into a ponytail.
(c) Because he lost it all from chemotherapy.
(d) Because he always sees it fall in thanks to his amazing eyesight.
2. What does Hope overhear Lou Ellen complaining about?
(a) That she takes Lou Ellen's customers.
(b) How Hope has all the boyfriends she could ever get.
(c) How Hope just waltzed in and got a job.
(d) That she is a very bad waitress.
3. What did Hope write in small lettering at the restaurant she and Addie left behind in New York?
(a) "Where is my father?"
(b) "Hope was here."
(c) "I love NY."
(d) "Hope -- January 2011."
4. Where is Flo and Addie's apartment in relation to the diner in Mulhoney?
(a) Down the street.
(c) Across the street.
(d) In the basement.
5. What does G.T. tell Hope about changing schools?
(a) That Addie needs to be a better mom and stop doing it to Hope.
(b) That he hated it when he was young, too.
(c) That it's good because you learn a lot of things.
(d) That she should stop complaining about it.
6. Where does G.T. first start collecting signatures for mayor?
(a) Outside city hall.
(b) In the city square.
(c) In his diner.
(d) Outside his church.
7. Who is Hope's father?
(a) She knows his face but not his name.
(b) A businessman back in New York.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) Her mother's boss.
8. Which of the following states have Hope and Addie NOT worked in?
(c) New York.
9. Who took all the money from the diner Hope and Addie worked at before they moved to Mulhoney?
(a) Brice Harrison.
(b) Gleason Beal.
(c) Sam McPherson.
(d) Lauren Addinson.
10. Who unexpectedly helps Hope when she has trouble locking up the diner when she first starts working there?
11. What does G.T. tell Hope when he first meets her?
(a) That he'll be watching her at all times.
(b) That he's sure she'll do a great job and improve business.
(c) That she better watch herself and not make any mistakes.
(d) That she actually can't work for him now that he's seen her.
12. What toy can Braverman do a lot of tricks with?
(a) A hackey sack.
(b) A kendama.
(c) His yo-yo.
(d) A basketball.
13. What is the name of the restaurant Hope and Addie worked at before they move to Mulhoney?
(a) Lunch Box.
(b) To-Go Box.
(d) Blue Box.
14. How old was Hope when she legally changed her name?
15. What is Hope's full name?
(a) Hope McDonald.
(b) Hope Barton.
(c) Hope Yancy.
(d) Hope Fullerton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hope paired with when she first goes out to gather signatures for G.T.'s mayoral campaign?
2. What nationality is Yuri?
3. What does Mrs. Pettibone give Hope after she is assaulted?
4. By the time Hope is 13, how many times has she seen her birth mother?
5. Why did Hope eventually return to Addie after running away in Atlanta?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)