|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sid advise striking back against the mayor's nasty radio ads?
(a) To just ignore them.
(b) To strike back in an equally nasty way.
(c) He doesn't give any advice since G.T. fired him a long time ago.
(d) To step up the grassroots efforts.
2. What specialty of Addie's does Hope bring G.T. as his health continues to decline?
(a) Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches.
(b) Friend chicken and cornbread.
(c) Chicken salad sandwiches.
(d) Chicken soup.
3. What did Hope do before she became a waitress?
(a) She worked the cash register.
(b) She was a hostess.
(c) She passed out flyers to advertise diners.
(d) She was a bus girl.
4. How does the town begin to view Addie's cooking once she'd been there for a little while?
(a) As not very good but not very bad, either.
(b) As gross.
(c) As not great but cheap enough to justify.
(d) As very good.
5. What does a woman claim to find in her salad in G.T.'s diner?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A metal chain.
(d) A finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Braverman tell Hope about her mixed feelings about her birth mother's pending visit?
2. How does Sid react when he hears that some of the signatures on G.T.'s petition were disqualified?
3. Who is Brenda Babcock?
4. What is Deena wearing when she walks into the diner, looking for Hope?
5. What convinces the Election Board official to give G.T. some extra time to get correct signatures on his petition?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)