|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Curly wear to the groundbreaking ceremony?
2. Where did Roy send Dana to pick up the hidden object(s)?
3. What type of car did Cuck Mucle and Kimberly Lou Dixon arrive in?
4. How did Dana escape Curly’s grasp at the construction site?
5. According to Lonna, what was Beatrice busy doing when Roy came to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roy know that his dad cared about the owls too?
2. What was Mullet Fingers’ final plan to help the owls on the day of the groundbreaking ceremony?
3. What were the results of the E.I.S. the Mother Paula Company did and what was done with the report?
4. How did Mullet Fingers’ mother react at the construction site when she saw him? Why?
5. How did Mullet Fingers break out of Juvenile Detention?
6. What change of plans did Curly and Chuck Muckle decide in their phone conversation, any why were the plans changed?
7. Beatrice shows a very caring and maternal side of herself in this chapter. What are some examples of this?
8. How has the relationship between Mullet Fingers and Roy changed by Chapter Fourteen?
9. What is the symbolism shown at the end of Chapter Twenty-One?
10. When Officer Delinko looked for the owls the night before the groundbreaking ceremony, what did he hope?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author includes multiple pop culture references that date the book in current times. What cultural and pop culture references can you note from the book? What year or decade would you guess this story is set in, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Roy and Beatrice’s relationship evolves throughout the book. How does their relationship begin, and what does it become? What reasons caused the evolution to occur?
Essay Topic 3
Hoot is a funny book. What are some examples of humor from the story? What writing techniques does the author employee to get humor across to readers? Is the author effective at portraying humor?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)