|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Officer Delinko daydreaming about during his overnight shift?
(a) His childhood.
(b) Being on TV.
(c) Being a detective.
(d) Meeting Kimberly Lou Dixon.
2. What gift did Mullet Fingers leave Roy at the end of the novel?
(a) Running shoes.
(b) A postcard from Montana.
(c) A rubber snake.
(d) A mullet fish.
3. What sound did the baby owl make?
4. During what season was the new pancake house supposed to open?
5. Who did Roy learn had checked out the missing file from the Town Hall?
(a) Mullet Fingers.
(b) Roy’s Dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last day Kimberly Lou Dixon was available to Mother Paula’s?
2. What was Officer Delinko relieved about when he saw Roy in the hospital?
3. What did Officer Delinko trip on while daydreaming during his overnight shift?
4. Why did Beatrice hide all afternoon?
5. What tool did Mullet Fingers ask Roy to bring with him that night, should Roy decide to meet up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Roy’s dad have acted opposite of what Roy expected? What clue(s) are there that Roy’s dad is up to something?
2. What advice did Roy’s mom give him about deciding if something is right or wrong?
3. What was missing from the Mother Paula folder that Roy told the reporter to look for, and what did it mean?
4. What change has occurred in Roy by the end of the novel?
5. How did Officer Delinko show whose side he was really on in Chapter Twenty?
6. Earlier in the novel, Mullet Fingers tells Roy to ‘think like a criminal.’ How is Roy demonstrating that skill in Chapter Fifteen?
7. How did the emergency room doctor figure out that Beatrice and Roy were lying about what happened to Mullet Fingers?
8. How did Roy underestimate Dana in Chapter Fifteen, and how did that negatively affect Roy?
9. How did Beatrice really break her tooth?
10. What two things does Roy leave out of his explanation to his dad about Mullet Fingers?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)