|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called in sick to school on Monday at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The girl from the cafeteria.
2. What number did the barefoot boy make Roy count to before he could remove his blindfold?
3. What did Officer Delinko find stuck to the fence at the construction site?
(a) A piece of green fabric.
(b) A “Beware of Dog” sign.
(c) A “Private Property” sign.
(d) A pink construction marker.
4. Where did the barefoot boy lead Roy to when Roy was blindfolded?
(a) Roy’s front yard.
(b) Trace Middle School.
(c) A river.
(d) The golf course.
5. Who did Roy start to wave down in Chapter Eleven, but Beatrice stopped him?
(a) Officer Delinko.
(b) Beatrice’s stepmother.
(c) Beatrice’s dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roy get a flat tire on his bike in Chapter Seven?
2. What type of class did Roy’s mother normally take before work?
3. What is the name of the school the main characters attend?
4. What did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother that she and Roy were planning to do?
5. How did Beatrice transport Roy at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Officer Delinko’s handcuffs be seen as symbolism?
2. What evidence is there for Roy and Beatrice’s relationship beginning to change in Chapter Eight?
3. What situation does the author include at the end of Chapter Seven for humor?
4. What back-story is revealed about the barefoot runner in Chapter Ten?
5. How does Beatrice interact with Roy’s mother the first time they meet? What does this tell readers about Beatrice?
6. What is revealed about Beatrice’s home life in Chapter Ten, and how might this change the readers’ perception of her?
7. What did Roy see outside of the bus window in Chapter One that caught his interest?
8. What did Roy see as his four options when he heard Dana was planning to beat him up after school?
9. What did Roy like so much about living in Bozeman, Montana?
10. What aspect of Officer Delinko’s personality is displayed in Chapter Three?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)