|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roy retraced the barefoot boy’s running route, what type of tree did the boy disappear behind?
(c) Australian Pine.
(d) European Pine.
2. What was the barefoot boy’s nickname?
(a) Barefoot Bruno.
(b) Mullet Fingers.
(c) Barefoot bandit.
(d) Butter Fingers.
3. What item did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother they need?
(b) A black marker.
(c) Ground beef.
(d) A radio.
4. Where did Dana take Roy after school to beat him up?
(a) The janitor’s closet.
(b) Behind a car.
(c) The front lawn of the school.
(d) An empty classroom.
5. How did Beatrice transport Roy at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) She picked him up in a car.
(b) On the handlebars of his bike.
(c) She gave him a piggyback.
(d) On the back of her bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Officer Delinko find inside the portable toilets in Chapter Three?
2. What did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother that she and Roy were planning to do?
3. Who forewarned Roy that Dana wanted to beat him up after seventh period?
4. What did Beatrice, Roy, and the running boy feed the owls?
5. What did Curly accidentally shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roy like so much about living in Bozeman, Montana?
2. What favor did Roy ask of Garrett at the beginning of Chapter Four?
3. Why did Officer Delinko not believe it is kids messing with the pancake house construction site?
4. Roy seems to surprise people a great deal simply by being honest and straightforward. What are some examples of this from Chapter Four?
5. What two favors does Officer Delinko ask of Roy while during their drive to Roy’s house, and how does Roy feel about them?
6. What did the girl who sought out Roy at the end of Chapter Two want?
7. How can Officer Delinko’s handcuffs be seen as symbolism?
8. What evidence is there for Roy and Beatrice’s relationship beginning to change in Chapter Eight?
9. How does humor used with the introduction of Kimberly Lou Dixon to readers?
10. What is the relationship between Roy and Dana Matherson, as revealed in the bus ride in Chapter One?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)