|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the latest kind of animal on the construction site were let loose?
2. What was Roy doing when Officer Delinko saw him for the first time?
(a) Fighting with Beatrice on Oriel Street.
(b) Walking his bicycle home in the rain.
(c) Chasing the barefoot boy.
(d) Kicking his bicycle.
3. How did Roy’s mom react when he brought Beatrice home for the first time?
(a) She was taken aback by Beatrice’s size.
(b) She didn’t even notice Beatrice.
(c) She didn’t want Roy to have a girlfriend.
(d) She was very happy to see Roy had a friend.
4. What happened to Officer Delinko’s squad car when he fell asleep in it?
(a) A window was broken.
(b) The windows were spray painted black.
(c) The tires were slashed.
(d) The side of the car was keyed.
5. What did Beatrice want to borrow from Roy in Chapter Ten?
(b) Medical supplies.
(d) His homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roy’s dad react to Officer Delinko’s request for him to write a letter?
2. What day of the week did Roy finally see the running boy for the second time?
3. What was Officer Delinko’s career objective?
4. What happened to the barefoot runner at the construction site?
5. What did Officer Delinko find stuck to the fence at the construction site?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Curly’s name ironic?
2. What did Roy see outside of the bus window in Chapter One that caught his interest?
3. What lie did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother in Chapter Ten, and why did she pick that lie?
4. Why did Officer Delinko offer to personally pay the bill for his patrol car?
5. What did the girl who sought out Roy at the end of Chapter Two want?
6. What happened to Curly’s television when he was spending the night in the trailer, and what was it symbolic of?
7. How does Beatrice explain who the barefoot boy is and why he is in hiding?
8. How does Beatrice interact with Roy’s mother the first time they meet? What does this tell readers about Beatrice?
9. What happened at the construction site in Chapter Nine to let readers know that the vandal is the barefoot boy?
10. How is the girl who talks to Roy in the cafeteria in Chapter Two presented, and what does this suggest?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)