|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roy doing when Officer Delinko saw him for the first time?
(a) Fighting with Beatrice on Oriel Street.
(b) Chasing the barefoot boy.
(c) Kicking his bicycle.
(d) Walking his bicycle home in the rain.
2. How did Roy get a flat tire on his bike in Chapter Seven?
(a) He ran over a sharp rock.
(b) Beatrice kicked the tire.
(c) Beatrice bit the tire.
(d) He ran over a nail.
3. What item did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother they need?
(a) Ground beef.
(c) A black marker.
(d) A radio.
4. What did Roy try to bring the barefoot boy in Chapter Six?
(a) A book.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A shoebox.
5. What did Officer Delinko find stuck to the fence at the construction site?
(a) A “Beware of Dog” sign.
(b) A “Private Property” sign.
(c) A pink construction marker.
(d) A piece of green fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Curly afraid of in Chapter Eleven?
2. How did Roy get to and from school while he was suspended from the bus?
3. What is Leroy Branditt’s nickname?
4. What size shoe did Roy wear?
5. What did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother that she and Roy were planning to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roy seems to surprise people a great deal simply by being honest and straightforward. What are some examples of this from Chapter Four?
2. Why did the garage chief in charge of fixing Officer Delinko’s car not hide the car keys were Officer Delinko requested?
3. When Roy first rides his bike to the construction site, who does he see there and how is he treated?
4. Who is Chuck Muckle and what did he order Curly to do?
5. What happened to Curly’s television when he was spending the night in the trailer, and what was it symbolic of?
6. What lie did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother in Chapter Ten, and why did she pick that lie?
7. What did Officer Delinko find stuck to the fence at the construction site, and why did he keep it?
8. How does humor used with the introduction of Kimberly Lou Dixon to readers?
9. What happened to Roy when he followed the running boy in Chapter Two?
10. How can Beatrice’s parents be described?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)