|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Roy’s father react to Roy’s explanation of what was going on?
(a) He became angry.
(b) He took Roy for a walk.
(c) He grounded Roy.
(d) He laughed.
2. Which of the following was NOT a saying on one of the kids’ signs at the groundbreaking ceremony?
(a) “Bird Killers Go Home!”
(b) “Owls rule, you drool!”
(c) “Save the Owls, Bury the Buttermilks!”
(d) “Mother Paula Doesn’t Give a Hoot About Owls!”
3. Where did Roy send Dana to pick up the hidden object(s)?
(a) The Mother Paula’s construction site.
(b) The police station.
(c) Beatrice’s house.
(d) Roy’s house.
4. According to Lonna, what was Beatrice busy doing when Roy came to her house?
(a) Talking on the phone.
5. How is Dana’s dad described?
(a) Tall, broad, and attractive.
(b) Short, fat, and unhealthy.
(c) Average height, large muscles, and large mustache.
(d) Thin, jittery, and unhealthy.
6. Where did Beatrice hide all afternoon?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In Roy’s backyard.
(c) Under Roy’s bed.
(d) In Mullet Fingers’ ice cream truck.
7. What did Curly place all around the outside of the trailer?
(a) Snake bait.
(b) Rat poison.
(c) An alarm system.
(d) Rat traps.
8. During what class in school did Roy tell about the owls?
(b) Social Studies.
9. What did Mullet Fingers call Roy, which Roy insisted he was not?
(a) A sissy.
(b) A nerd.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) An outlaw.
10. What did Roy’s mom do with the newspaper article about his owl protest?
(a) She didn't read it.
(b) Read it aloud at the breakfast table to everyone.
(c) Cut it out or a scrapbook.
(d) Hang it on the refrigerator.
11. What did Curly find in the dirt at the construction site in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) His gun.
(c) A wallet.
12. What was Officer Delinko relieved about when he saw Roy in the hospital?
(a) Roy was bitten by dogs.
(b) Roy didn’t have dog bites.
(c) Roy’s shirt wasn’t green.
(d) Roy’s shirt wasn’t red.
13. How much money was used to bribe Councilman Grady?
14. How did Roy’s mom feel about him leaving school to go to the groundbreaking ceremony?
(a) She said she empathized with him, but refused to sign the permission slip.
(b) She said she didn’t like it, but agreed to sign his permission slip.
(c) She was supportive and encouraged him.
(d) She didn’t think it was a good idea.
15. To what position was Chuck Muckle demoted?
(a) Vice President.
(b) He was fired.
(c) Junior Vice-President.
(d) He wasn’t demoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids from Roy’s history class showed up at the groundbreaking ceremony?
2. What had Roy told the doctor his name was?
3. How did Roy incite Dana to chase him out of his house in Chapter Fifteen?
4. What did Officer Delinko notice on Dana’s feet in Chapter Fifteen?
5. What was the last day Kimberly Lou Dixon was available to Mother Paula’s?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)