|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Roy’s dad feel about him leaving school to go to the groundbreaking ceremony?
(a) He thought it was a terrible idea.
(b) He refused to comment on it.
(c) He thought Roy was being crazy.
(d) He thought it was a good idea and signed the permission slip.
2. What sound did the baby owl make?
3. What type of tracks did Officer Delinko find near the fence the night before the groundbreaking ceremony?
4. How many hours was Officer Delinko on duty the night before the groundbreaking ceremony?
5. Where did Roy tell his mother he is headed before dinner at the beginning of Chapter Fifteen?
(a) To the garage.
(b) To pick up school supplies.
(c) A bike ride.
(d) Beatrice’s house.
6. Dana’s dad assumed Roy came to his house for what reason?
(a) To talk with Dana.
(b) To do Dana’s homework.
(c) To beat up Dana.
(d) To drop off an apology letter.
7. Who called Roy at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
(c) Officer Delinko.
(d) Mullet fingers.
8. Why did Beatrice leave the hospital?
(a) To feed her cat.
(b) To get some food.
(c) To cook her dad dinner.
(d) She was afraid of getting caught.
9. What time did Officer Delinko fall asleep on his night shift at the beginning of Chapter Nineteen.
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) He didn’t fall asleep.
10. What had Mullet Fingers left on Officer Delinko’s car?
(a) His hospital gown.
(b) His hospital bracelet.
(c) A note.
(d) His shirt.
11. What did Dana hit on his porch when he was aiming for Roy?
(a) A wood post.
(b) A bird feeder.
(c) The air.
(d) A book Roy held up.
12. Although Roy didn’t want to answer all of Kelly Colfax’s questions, what didhe want to get across to her?
(a) He wanted to commend Officer Delinko.
(b) He wanted to talk about the owls.
(c) He wanted to have a meeting with Chuck Muckle.
(d) He wanted to talk about Mullet Fingers.
13. What type of car did Cuck Mucle and Kimberly Lou Dixon arrive in?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A Porsche.
(c) A tour bus.
(d) A BMW.
14. Who did Roy learn had checked out the missing file from the Town Hall?
(b) Mullet Fingers.
(c) Roy’s Dad.
15. How did Dana escape Curly’s grasp at the construction site?
(a) He pinched Curly.
(b) He threw dirt in Curly’s eyes.
(c) A snake scared Curly away.
(d) He punched Curly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book did Roy use in his explanation to his father?
2. What or who did Officer Delinko bump into while baking away from the baby owl?
3. Why was Dana’s name not used in the newspaper article about his arrest?
4. To what position was Chuck Muckle demoted?
5. For what newspaper did Kelly Colfax write?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)