|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the latest kind of animal on the construction site were let loose?
2. Why did Roy stop chasing after the running boy in Chapter Two?
(a) A car went between them and he lost sight of the boy.
(b) Roy got too tired and couldn’t keep up.
(c) A golf ball hit him in the head.
(d) A dog threatened to attack, so Roy turned around.
3. How did Roy’s mother react to the newspaper story about Officer Delinko’s car windows being spray-painted?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She felt sorry for Officer Delinko.
(c) She thought she knew who did it.
(d) She was mad.
4. How did Officer Delinko feel about his job in Chapter Four?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He felt indifferent.
(c) He loathed it.
(d) He was bored with it.
5. What did Roy have to write as part of his punishment for fighting?
(a) An explanation of what happened for the vice principal.
(b) A letter of apology to the vice principal.
(c) A letter of apology to Dana.
(d) A letter of apology to the bus driver.
6. What was Officer Delinko’s career objective?
(c) Retire early.
7. How did Roy get to and from school while he was suspended from the bus?
(a) He rode his bike.
(b) He took the city bus.
(c) His dad took and picked him up.
(d) His mom took and picked him up.
8. By Chapter Eight, how far behind schedule was the construction project?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
9. What was the name of the portable toilets on the flatbed truck at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) Johnny’s Seat.
(c) Blue Bucket.
(d) Honey Bucket.
10. What was the barefoot boy’s nickname?
(a) Barefoot bandit.
(b) Mullet Fingers.
(c) Butter Fingers.
(d) Barefoot Bruno.
11. Where did the garage chief hide Officer Delinko’s police car keys?
(a) Behind the right rear tire.
(b) In a nearby tree.
(c) In the gas cap.
(d) In the ignition.
12. Who is Kimberly Lou Dixon?
(a) Beatrice’s best friend.
(b) A girl Roy has a crush on.
(c) She portrays Mother Paula on T.V.
(d) A girl who has a crush on Roy.
13. How did Roy’s dad react to Officer Delinko’s request for him to write a letter?
(a) He was annoyed.
(b) He pretended he didn’t hear the request.
(c) He was very happy to do it.
(d) He was angry.
14. What item did Beatrice tell Roy’s mother they need?
(b) A radio.
(c) Ground beef.
(d) A black marker.
15. Who saved Roy from the snakes in Chapter Five?
(b) No one.
(d) The barefoot boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Officer Delinko want to start coming in to his shifts earlier?
2. What is Leroy Branditt’s nickname?
3. Who had Roy’s bike at the end of Chapter Six?
4. The construction survey stakes were dug up again in Chapter Four – how many times has this happened now?
5. What is Beatrice’s stepmother’s name?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)