• The book opens with Roy being picked on by Dana Matherson on the school bus one morning. While Dana was bullying him, Roy was distracted by a barefoot boy he saw running alongside the bus. None of the other kids seemed to have noticed the boy.
• A man named Curly reported to Officer Delinko that someone had pulled out all of the pink stakes marking where the digging for the construction needed to happen.
• It is noted that the ‘kids’ causing the ‘vandalism’ didn’t actually vandalize anything. They simply removed the construction stakes and filled in the owl holes.
• Roy spent all day thinking about the boy he saw running, wondering who he was and where he was going.
• Roy’s family just moved to Coconut Grove, Florida, from Montana. He was used to being the new kid, as this was the tenth town he had...
This section contains 5,485 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)