|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louddon do in court?
(a) Read and write for the king.
(b) Sort out those who have true business with the king.
(c) Manipulate the ladies in waiting to get his way.
(d) Collect gold for the king.
2. Duncan eats alone and not with the family and soldiers since when?
(a) Since he becomes lord of the manor.
(b) Since Adela is attacked.
(c) Since his father dies and Mary takes ill.
(d) Since he is a small boy.
3. What is the origin of the tales that Madelyne tells?
(a) Madelyne learns the tales from Father Berton.
(b) Madelyne creates tales out of gossip she overhears from servants.
(c) Madelyne's uses her vivid imagination to make up the tales.
(d) Madelyne makes up tales to prove a point.
4. Why is Madelyne embarrassed in Chapter 12?
(a) Because Duncan yells at her in front of Gilard.
(b) Because Duncan yells at her in front of Adela.
(c) Because the room she is cleaning is still dirty.
(d) Because she looks disheveled.
5. As Louddon is a powerful man, why is he still afraid of Duncan?
(a) Louddon's power does not extend to hand-to-hand combat.
(b) Louddon is less wealthy than Duncan.
(c) Louddon is shorter than Duncan.
(d) Louddon is a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their retreat from Louddon's castle, why is Madeline warm?
2. In Chapter Four, Madelyne infuriates Gilard when she refuses to stop doing what when they are by the stream?
3. Who comes to take Madelyne downstairs for her first meal after her fever?
4. Duncan commands that Adela be escorted to dinner each night by whom?
5. How is the Wolf captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Duncan think that Madelyne helps Adela heal?
2. As Madelyne is planning her escape from Duncan, what obstacles does she think she needs to overcome?
3. What does Madelyne expect happens at the battle between Duncan's men and Louddon's men?
4. When Duncan and his men stop for the night for the first time after leaving the castle, what actions do they take to set up camp?
5. Why does Duncan believe that Madelyne has a temper and a passionate nature?
6. Why does Madelyne refuse to let Simon save her?
7. How is the squire with the bright yellow hair described?
8. What is Duncan's reaction to Madelyne's actions to rescue and warm him?
9. Why is Louddon shocked when he first sees Madelyne after she returns from years at the monastery?
10. How does it happen that Adela takes her first bath in months?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)