|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Madelyne about the room she stays in while she is sick and recovering?
(a) It is decorated in Duncan's colors.
(b) The door to the room is not locked.
(c) The room used to belong to Duncan.
(d) The room used to belong to Adela.
2. What hope does Madelyne foster in Chapter Two after it is discovered that Louddon leaves the castle?
(a) That Duncan and his men leave.
(b) That Duncan falls in love with her.
(c) That Gilard terrifies some other defenseless woman.
(d) That Gilard keeps his language clean.
3. What is Madelyne wearing when she wakes up?
(a) A man's white shirt.
(b) A nun's habit.
(c) A nightdress.
(d) A white chemise with embroidery on the yoke.
4. There is a quote from which famous book at the beginning of Chapter One?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Talmud.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Upandishads.
5. When Duncan leaves Madelyne asleep in his own chamber, where does he go?
(a) To the lake for a ritualized swim.
(b) To search out and kill the man who rapes Adela.
(c) To feed the wolves.
(d) To ride Silenus.
6. According to Chapter Six, how does Duncan command Madelyne to wait during the battle?
(a) In a stand of trees, just north of the battle site.
(b) Dismounted, in a hidden cave.
(c) On top of the stallion, unmoving in a spot of his choice.
(d) Under the shelter of a willow tree, where she is concealed.
7. Madelyne hears from Adela, and then from Duncan, what fact that she dismisses as incorrect?
(a) Adela is not Duncan's sister.
(b) Duncan's mother dies when he is young.
(c) Duncan sleeps beside Madelyne every night since they meet.
(d) Louddon is not Madelyne's brother.
8. What does the savior wear to rescue the warrior?
(a) A gored kyrtle.
(c) A long black cape.
(d) A dagger made of bronze.
9. Who is by Madelyne's side for three days while she is delirious?
(d) Father Berton.
10. What does Adela threaten to do when she sees Madelyne?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Kill Madelyne.
(d) Maim Madelyne.
11. What is in the chapel that Madelyne wants to retrieve?
(a) Madelyne's best friend.
(b) Madelyne's burlap satchel.
(c) Madelyne's dagger.
(d) Madelyne's prayer beads.
12. Why does Madelyne end up in the middle of the battle?
(a) Duncan brings the battle to Madelyne.
(b) She inadvertently directs the horse into the center of the battle.
(c) Duncan is too busy searching for Louddon to think of her safety.
(d) Louddon lures her into the middle of the battle.
13. Where does Duncan expect Madelyne to be at the start of the battle?
(a) On horseback, heading up Duncan's men with him and Gilard.
(b) Galloping to Duncan's castle for safety.
(c) On horseback, tied to a tree.
(d) At the camp, acting as a sentry.
14. Who risks death to save the warrior?
15. Who comes to take Madelyne downstairs for her first meal after her fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hurled during family dinners in the hall?
2. Who wants to take credit for killing the Wolf?
3. What does Gilard think Madelyne's plan is for the battle?
4. As Louddon is a powerful man, why is he still afraid of Duncan?
5. What is Madelyne doing while she tells tales to Adela?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)