|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela threaten to do when she sees Madelyne?
(a) Maim Madelyne.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Kill Madelyne.
2. Who teaches Madelyne to read and write when she is young?
(a) The governess.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
3. Who wants to save Madelyne but is refused?
(a) The yellow-haired squire.
(c) Simon, the elderly servant.
4. Madelyne tells Adela a tale about the men and women from what city?
5. Who wants to take credit for killing the Wolf?
(b) Baron Wexton.
(c) The vassal.
(d) No one.
6. How is the Wolf captured?
(a) He is kidnapped.
(b) He rides into his enemy's fortress alone and unarmed.
(c) He is captured during the battle of Louddon.
(d) He is drugged.
7. What color eyes does the warrior have?
8. When Louddon leaves his castle, in which direction does Duncan assume he goes?
9. Duncan eats alone and not with the family and soldiers since when?
(a) Since his father dies and Mary takes ill.
(b) Since he is a small boy.
(c) Since Adela is attacked.
(d) Since he becomes lord of the manor.
10. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
(a) She does not know what Louddon is wearing.
(b) She finds out that Louddon is not present.
(c) Louddon is a man of small stature.
(d) She knows that Louddon is never in the fray of battle.
11. Why does Madelyne want to throw herself out of a window?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because Duncan seems to forget about her.
(c) Because she becomes afraid of Duncan again.
(d) Because Duncan is going to return her to Louddon.
12. Why does Madelyne name Duncan's horse Silenus?
(a) The horse is silvery-white in color.
(b) The horse is strong and silent.
(c) Silenus means "stand still for me" in Latin.
(d) Silenus is the name of a god that is wild and untaimed.
13. In Chapter Two, of whom is Madelyne afraid?
(b) The "leader".
14. Who does Madelyne try to punch in her dream?
(a) A Cyclops.
(b) A demon.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A boar.
15. Where does Madelyne go after learning about Lady Eleanor?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To the fields beyond the fortress.
(c) Up to her chamber.
(d) Outside to the fortress wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madelyne doing while she tells tales to Adela?
2. What animal does Madelyne feed outside the walls of the fortress?
3. What request does Madelyne make of Duncan on behalf of Adela?
4. How does Madelyne avoid being knocked from her seat on the horse by branches?
5. Is Madelyne pleased by Duncan's reaction to being followed?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)