|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings food and draws a bath for Madelyne after she awakens from her fever?
(b) Duncan and Maude.
(d) Gerty and Maude.
2. Despite her injury, whose life does Madelyne save during the battle?
(b) The squire's.
3. Who comes to take Madelyne downstairs for her first meal after her fever?
4. What is Madelyne doing while she tells tales to Adela?
(a) Cleaning and rearranging furnishings in Adela's bedroom.
(b) Throwing dirty water out of the window.
(c) Cleaning and rearranging furnishings in Duncan's bedroom.
(d) Lugging a tunk up the stairs.
5. While dreaming, who is the dream character that comes to her aid over and over again?
(a) Father Berton.
6. Duncan commands that Adela be escorted to dinner each night by whom?
7. Duncan eats alone and not with the family and soldiers since when?
(a) Since his father dies and Mary takes ill.
(b) Since he is a small boy.
(c) Since Adela is attacked.
(d) Since he becomes lord of the manor.
8. What does Louddon do in court?
(a) Collect gold for the king.
(b) Manipulate the ladies in waiting to get his way.
(c) Read and write for the king.
(d) Sort out those who have true business with the king.
9. Whose eye does Madelyne blacken while she is sick?
10. What is Madelyne wearing when she wakes up?
(a) A nun's habit.
(b) A man's white shirt.
(c) A nightdress.
(d) A white chemise with embroidery on the yoke.
11. In Chapter 12, where does Duncan command Madelyne to go with him?
(a) To the tower.
(b) To the lake.
(c) To the hall.
(d) To the stables.
12. Who does Madelyne resemble?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Lady Eleanor.
13. Why does Silenus not move during the battle?
(a) Because Silenus is overly tired from the journey.
(b) Because Silenus is spooked by the noise of battle.
(c) Because Duncan issues a command for the horse to stay still.
(d) Because Madelyne does not know how to ride a horse properly.
14. Madelyn has a plan to escape from Louddon's castle to what location?
(a) Her great uncle's home.
(b) A nunnery.
15. According to Chapter Two, how familiar is Madelyne with warfare?
(a) Madelyne fights with Louddon's soldiers when necessary.
(b) Madelyne is only skilled using a knife in battle.
(c) Madelyne is so terrified of warfare that she always hides.
(d) Madelyne never witnesses a battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it unusual that Edmond agrees with Gilard?
2. What surprises Madelyne about the room she stays in while she is sick and recovering?
3. What is in the chapel that Madelyne wants to retrieve?
4. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
5. Who wants to take credit for killing the Wolf?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)