|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22, 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louddon do in court?
(a) Read and write for the king.
(b) Collect gold for the king.
(c) Manipulate the ladies in waiting to get his way.
(d) Sort out those who have true business with the king.
2. According to Chapter Six, how does Duncan command Madelyne to wait during the battle?
(a) Dismounted, in a hidden cave.
(b) In a stand of trees, just north of the battle site.
(c) On top of the stallion, unmoving in a spot of his choice.
(d) Under the shelter of a willow tree, where she is concealed.
3. What color is Duncan's attire for the wedding?
(d) Royal Blue.
4. According to Chapter 10, what does Madelyne take to the stables each afternoon?
(a) A ribbon to tie back her hair.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A clump of sugar.
(d) Her riding crop.
5. What event makes Madelyne laugh, but terrifies everyone else?
(a) Madelyne's encounter with Silenus, who seeks only sugar.
(b) Madelyne's encounter with the wolf dog, who is hungry.
(c) Madelyne's practice of archery.
(d) Madelyne's attempt to swim the lake like Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Gerald the truth about who rapes Adela?
2. Where does Duncan expect Madelyne to be at the start of the battle?
3. What happens to Madelyne during the battle?
4. After speaking to Adela for the first time, what revelation does Madelyne provide to Duncan about her own future plans?
5. According to Gilard, what powerful lord has the king's ear?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)