|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madelyne say during the marriage ceremony that she willingly takes the groom as her husband?
(a) She is being forced to lie.
(b) She is reading the words written for her to say, but saying them against her will.
(c) She is gloriously happy to be wed.
(d) She is afraid that Gilard is going to challenge Duncan.
2. After Madelyne's first meal in the hall of Duncan's fortress, what is happening when Duncan appears in the hall?
(a) Madelyne is explaining to Edmund that the men eat like a pack of animals.
(b) Madelyne is attempting to leave the hall without permission.
(c) Gerta and the servants are throwing down trenchers and ale on the table.
(d) Edmund is chastising Madelyne for poor manners as a guest.
3. Why does Madelyne want to throw herself out of a window?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because Duncan seems to forget about her.
(c) Because Duncan is going to return her to Louddon.
(d) Because she becomes afraid of Duncan again.
4. Who brings food and draws a bath for Madelyne after she awakens from her fever?
(a) Duncan and Maude.
(b) Gerty and Maude.
5. When Duncan leaves Madelyne asleep in his own chamber, where does he go?
(a) To the lake for a ritualized swim.
(b) To search out and kill the man who rapes Adela.
(c) To ride Silenus.
(d) To feed the wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madelyne do after learning about Lady Eleanor?
2. What does Gilard think Madelyne's plan is for the battle?
3. How does Madelyne avoid being knocked from her seat on the horse by branches?
4. What does Duncan hope happens to Madelyne if Adela is around her?
5. In Chapter 20, what happens to Gerald's sword?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)