|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Two, how familiar is Madelyne with warfare?
(a) Madelyne is so terrified of warfare that she always hides.
(b) Madelyne is only skilled using a knife in battle.
(c) Madelyne never witnesses a battle.
(d) Madelyne fights with Louddon's soldiers when necessary.
2. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
(a) Madeline is more afraid of horses than Duncan.
(b) Madelyne is weak-minded.
(c) Madelyne is an excessively proud woman.
(d) Madeline is more afraid of rape than death.
3. What event makes Madelyne laugh, but terrifies everyone else?
(a) Madelyne's attempt to swim the lake like Duncan.
(b) Madelyne's practice of archery.
(c) Madelyne's encounter with the wolf dog, who is hungry.
(d) Madelyne's encounter with Silenus, who seeks only sugar.
4. What is Duncan doing when Madelyne sees him out her window?
(c) Walking to the lake.
(d) Taking a ritualistic swim.
5. In view of the upsetting conversation about Madelyne, what does Edmond suggest for Adela?
(a) Adela goes to the convent.
(b) Adela marries.
(c) Adela accompanies Madelyne to London.
(d) Adela is sent to visit Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story starts out in what year?
2. Who is Anthony?
3. What do Madelyne and Adela discuss before they go to dinner with Gerald?
4. Why does Duncan vow to go slowly, be gentle and speak softly to Madelyne after they retire to his chamber, on the night he gives permission for Gerald to live in the fortress until Adele consents to marry him?
5. What is Madelyne wearing when she wakes up?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)