|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
(a) Louddon is a man of small stature.
(b) She does not know what Louddon is wearing.
(c) She knows that Louddon is never in the fray of battle.
(d) She finds out that Louddon is not present.
2. Adela strikes someone by accident. Who?
3. What does Duncan call his horse?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Madelyne speak of in order to calm her mind?
(a) The wolf dog on the hill.
(b) A visit to her cousin's home in Scotland.
(c) The stories she learns as a child living at Grinsteade holding.
(d) The story of how she saves Duncan's life at Louddon's castle.
5. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
(a) Madeline is more afraid of rape than death.
(b) Madelyne is weak-minded.
(c) Madelyne is an excessively proud woman.
(d) Madeline is more afraid of horses than Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madelyne fall off her her stool at dinner?
2. Why does the priest rush out of the room after the wedding ceremony?
3. What happens to Madelyne during the battle?
4. Madelyne tells Adela a tale about the men and women from what city?
5. Who is Henry?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)