|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where does Duncan command Madelyne to go with him?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To the tower.
(c) To the stables.
(d) To the hall.
2. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
(a) She knows that Louddon is never in the fray of battle.
(b) Louddon is a man of small stature.
(c) She does not know what Louddon is wearing.
(d) She finds out that Louddon is not present.
3. Who is by Madelyne's side for three days while she is delirious?
(a) Father Berton.
4. How long does Madelyne sleep after Edmund sews up her wound?
(a) Almost twenty-four hours straight.
(b) Two days.
(c) Until the next afternoon.
(d) Fitfully for the next several days.
5. After Madelyne's first meal in the hall of Duncan's fortress, what is happening when Duncan appears in the hall?
(a) Gerta and the servants are throwing down trenchers and ale on the table.
(b) Madelyne is attempting to leave the hall without permission.
(c) Edmund is chastising Madelyne for poor manners as a guest.
(d) Madelyne is explaining to Edmund that the men eat like a pack of animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does the warrior have?
2. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
3. Which two brothers trade insults with Gerald at dinner?
4. Madelyn has a plan to escape from Louddon's castle to what location?
5. What is the origin of the tales that Madelyne tells?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)