|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Six, how does Duncan command Madelyne to wait during the battle?
(a) In a stand of trees, just north of the battle site.
(b) On top of the stallion, unmoving in a spot of his choice.
(c) Under the shelter of a willow tree, where she is concealed.
(d) Dismounted, in a hidden cave.
2. Why does Madelyne end up in the middle of the battle?
(a) Duncan is too busy searching for Louddon to think of her safety.
(b) Louddon lures her into the middle of the battle.
(c) She inadvertently directs the horse into the center of the battle.
(d) Duncan brings the battle to Madelyne.
3. Why is it unusual that Edmond agrees with Gilard?
(a) Gilard is usually wrong so Edmond does not side with him.
(b) Edmond always agrees with Duncan no matter what.
(c) Edmond rarely speaks directly to Gilard.
(d) Edmond rarely agrees with Gilard on anything.
4. During their retreat from Louddon's castle, why is Madeline warm?
(a) Madeline is warm because she is wearing a fur cloak.
(b) Madeline is warm because she is riding with Duncan.
(c) Madeline is warm because Duncan allows her a hot water bottle.
(d) Madeline is warm because she is wearing armor.
5. What does Duncan call his horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the battle at Louddon's castle, Madelyne decides she tries to save whom?
2. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
3. Who does Madelyne try to punch in her dream?
4. How long does the torturous ride from Louddon's castle last?
5. After Madelyne's first meal in the hall of Duncan's fortress, what is happening when Duncan appears in the hall?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)