|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madelyne doing in her peaceful dream about her childhood when she is eleven years old?
(a) Living with her uncle in Grinsteade manor.
(b) Making a daisy chain.
(c) Telling stories while sitting around a fire.
(d) Reading a book.
2. How many men surround the captive?
3. Why is it unusual that Edmond agrees with Gilard?
(a) Gilard is usually wrong so Edmond does not side with him.
(b) Edmond always agrees with Duncan no matter what.
(c) Edmond rarely agrees with Gilard on anything.
(d) Edmond rarely speaks directly to Gilard.
4. What does Adela threaten to do when she sees Madelyne?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill Madelyne.
(c) Maim Madelyne.
(d) Leave the room.
5. In Chapter Four, Madelyne infuriates Gilard when she refuses to stop doing what when they are by the stream?
(a) Watering the horse.
(b) Plaiting her hair.
(d) Packing her satchel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duncan commands that Adela be escorted to dinner each night by whom?
2. What does Louddon do in court?
3. Who appears at the entrance to the hall after Madelyn's first meal in the hall of Duncan's fortress, much to Madelyne's consternation?
4. What horse does Duncan expect Madelyne to ride into battle?
5. When she is dreaming that she is hot, Madelyne believes she is where?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)