|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Madelyne pleased by Duncan's reaction to being followed?
(a) Yes. Madelyne is glad Duncan intends to kill Louddon so she is free.
(b) Yes. Madelyne is glad that the fighting finally commenses.
(c) No. Madelyne is confused because Duncan just laughs.
(d) No. Madelyne wants to flee and Duncan intends to fight.
2. When Louddon leaves his castle, in which direction does Duncan assume he goes?
3. What does Adela threaten to do when she sees Madelyne?
(a) Kill Madelyne.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Maim Madelyne.
(d) Leave the room.
4. Why is it unusual that Edmond agrees with Gilard?
(a) Edmond rarely speaks directly to Gilard.
(b) Edmond rarely agrees with Gilard on anything.
(c) Edmond always agrees with Duncan no matter what.
(d) Gilard is usually wrong so Edmond does not side with him.
5. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
(a) Madelyne is an excessively proud woman.
(b) Madeline is more afraid of rape than death.
(c) Madelyne is weak-minded.
(d) Madeline is more afraid of horses than Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the battle at Louddon's castle, Madelyne decides she tries to save whom?
2. What is Madelyne wearing when she wakes up?
3. Who is by Madelyne's side for three days while she is delirious?
4. In her delirium, what does Madelyne tell Duncan about Louddon?
5. What is in the chapel that Madelyne wants to retrieve?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)