|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to save Madelyne but is refused?
(a) The yellow-haired squire.
(c) Simon, the elderly servant.
2. What does Duncan call his horse?
3. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
(a) Madelyne is an excessively proud woman.
(b) Madeline is more afraid of rape than death.
(c) Madelyne is weak-minded.
(d) Madeline is more afraid of horses than Duncan.
4. How long does the torturous ride from Louddon's castle last?
(a) From sunset to sunrise, and until the next noon.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Two days.
5. According to Gilard, what powerful lord has the king's ear?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Six, how does Duncan command Madelyne to wait during the battle?
2. As Louddon is a powerful man, why is he still afraid of Duncan?
3. Where does Duncan take Madelyne immediately before he and his men attack Louddon's castle?
4. During the battle at Louddon's castle, Madelyne decides she tries to save whom?
5. Is Madelyne pleased by Duncan's reaction to being followed?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)