|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite her injury, whose life does Madelyne save during the battle?
(c) The squire's.
2. What does Louddon do in court?
(a) Manipulate the ladies in waiting to get his way.
(b) Sort out those who have true business with the king.
(c) Collect gold for the king.
(d) Read and write for the king.
3. What method releases the ropes that bind Madelyne?
(a) Madelyne uses a shard of broken glass.
(b) A chance blow of a sword during battle cut the ropes.
(c) Madelyne uses a dagger dropped by a squire.
(d) A fire burns through the ropes.
4. Who teaches Madelyne to read and write when she is young?
(a) The governess.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
5. Why does Silenus not move during the battle?
(a) Because Duncan issues a command for the horse to stay still.
(b) Because Silenus is spooked by the noise of battle.
(c) Because Silenus is overly tired from the journey.
(d) Because Madelyne does not know how to ride a horse properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the battle at Louddon's castle, Madelyne decides she tries to save whom?
2. After the battle, when all of Loudon's soldiers are vanquished, what does Madelyne ask of Duncan?
3. Who wants to save Madelyne but is refused?
4. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
5. According to Chapter Six, how does Duncan command Madelyne to wait during the battle?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)