|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method releases the ropes that bind Madelyne?
(a) Madelyne uses a dagger dropped by a squire.
(b) A chance blow of a sword during battle cut the ropes.
(c) A fire burns through the ropes.
(d) Madelyne uses a shard of broken glass.
2. How does Madelyne avoid being knocked from her seat on the horse by branches?
(a) Madelyne uses the small shield she finds tied to the horse.
(b) Madelyne jumps off of the horse to avoid the branches.
(c) Madelyne ducks and holds tight to the horse's neck.
(d) Duncan and Gilard block the branches with their shields.
3. Why is it important to Duncan and Gilard that Louddon value Madelyne?
(a) They want to rape and beat Madelyne to prove that they are as ruthless as Louddon.
(b) Madelyne's kidnapping is designed to draw Louddon out so they kill him.
(c) They want to get back at Louddon by hurting Madelyne like Louddon hurts their sister.
(d) They want to ransom Madelyne for much gold.
4. Why does Madelyne end up in the middle of the battle?
(a) Louddon lures her into the middle of the battle.
(b) Duncan is too busy searching for Louddon to think of her safety.
(c) Duncan brings the battle to Madelyne.
(d) She inadvertently directs the horse into the center of the battle.
5. Why does Silenus not move during the battle?
(a) Because Silenus is overly tired from the journey.
(b) Because Duncan issues a command for the horse to stay still.
(c) Because Silenus is spooked by the noise of battle.
(d) Because Madelyne does not know how to ride a horse properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the battle at Louddon's castle, Madelyne decides she tries to save whom?
2. As Louddon is a powerful man, why is he still afraid of Duncan?
3. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
4. How long does the torturous ride from Louddon's castle last?
5. What color eyes does the warrior have?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)