|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story starts out in what year?
2. What hope does Madelyne foster in Chapter Two after it is discovered that Louddon leaves the castle?
(a) That Gilard terrifies some other defenseless woman.
(b) That Duncan and his men leave.
(c) That Duncan falls in love with her.
(d) That Gilard keeps his language clean.
3. In Chapter Five, why does Madelyne kick Duncan?
(a) Because Duncan does not pay attention to her when she tries to tell him they may be attacked.
(b) Because Duncan turns his back on Madelyne when she is speaking.
(c) Because Duncan wants Louddon to catch up with their riding party.
(d) Because Duncan makes Madelyne cry.
4. Is Madelyne pleased by Duncan's reaction to being followed?
(a) No. Madelyne is confused because Duncan just laughs.
(b) Yes. Madelyne is glad Duncan intends to kill Louddon so she is free.
(c) Yes. Madelyne is glad that the fighting finally commenses.
(d) No. Madelyne wants to flee and Duncan intends to fight.
5. What does Duncan call his horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Madelyne infuriates Gilard when she refuses to stop doing what when they are by the stream?
2. What method releases the ropes that bind Madelyne?
3. Who teaches Madelyne to read and write when she is young?
4. Why does Madelyne prefer death to humiliation?
5. Who risks death to save the warrior?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)