|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite her injury, whose life does Madelyne save during the battle?
(b) The squire's.
2. Why does Madelyne name Duncan's horse Silenus?
(a) Silenus means "stand still for me" in Latin.
(b) The horse is strong and silent.
(c) The horse is silvery-white in color.
(d) Silenus is the name of a god that is wild and untaimed.
3. According to Chapter Six, how does Duncan command Madelyne to wait during the battle?
(a) In a stand of trees, just north of the battle site.
(b) On top of the stallion, unmoving in a spot of his choice.
(c) Under the shelter of a willow tree, where she is concealed.
(d) Dismounted, in a hidden cave.
4. What color eyes does the warrior have?
5. What hope does Madelyne foster in Chapter Two after it is discovered that Louddon leaves the castle?
(a) That Duncan falls in love with her.
(b) That Duncan and his men leave.
(c) That Gilard keeps his language clean.
(d) That Gilard terrifies some other defenseless woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Two, how familiar is Madelyne with warfare?
2. How is the Wolf captured?
3. Why is Madelyne unable to hate Gilard?
4. After the battle, when all of Loudon's soldiers are vanquished, what does Madelyne ask of Duncan?
5. Why is Madelyne angry with Duncan after she uses the mace during the battle?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)