|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19, 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains to Gilard that Duncan loves Madelyne?
2. Madelyne almost gets herself injured when she does what?
(a) Walks in front of charging horses.
(b) Falls outside the stables.
(c) Walks in front of soldiers practicing archery.
(d) Knocks over a kettle of boiling water.
3. While dreaming, who is the dream character that comes to her aid over and over again?
(b) Father Berton.
4. In Chapter 20, what happens to Gerald's sword?
(a) It breaks while fighting Morcar.
(b) He leaves it embedded in Morcar's groin.
(c) He tosses it to Duncan to use in the battle.
(d) Duncan retrieves it from the enemy who steals it.
5. What happens to Father Laurence's hands?
(a) He burns his hands in an unexplained accident.
(b) He accidently dyes his hands semi-permanently while making wine.
(c) He loses the use of his hands after having a stroke.
(d) He loses a finger in a freak accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the entrance to the hall after Madelyn's first meal in the hall of Duncan's fortress, much to Madelyne's consternation?
2. Why is Madelyne embarrassed in Chapter 12?
3. There is a quote from which famous book at the beginning of Chapter One?
4. According to Chapter 20, why does everyone do chores in the courtyard in the afternoon?
5. Who risks death to save the warrior?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)