|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Madelyne about the room she stays in while she is sick and recovering?
(a) The room used to belong to Duncan.
(b) The room used to belong to Adela.
(c) The door to the room is not locked.
(d) It is decorated in Duncan's colors.
2. Where does Duncan expect Madelyne to be at the start of the battle?
(a) At the camp, acting as a sentry.
(b) On horseback, tied to a tree.
(c) Galloping to Duncan's castle for safety.
(d) On horseback, heading up Duncan's men with him and Gilard.
3. Despite her injury, whose life does Madelyne save during the battle?
(a) The squire's.
4. Who teaches Madelyne to read and write when she is young?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The governess.
5. According to Duncan, how long are they followed by Louddon and his men?
(a) Since the previous night.
(b) Since midday.
(c) Since the first thing in the morning.
(d) For the past hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madelyne only look for Duncan and Gilard in the fray of battle?
2. In Chapter Two, of whom is Madelyne afraid?
3. How long does the torturous ride from Louddon's castle last?
4. According to Gilard, what powerful lord has the king's ear?
5. What does Louddon do in court?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)