|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Written documents are considered so important they can _____________.
2. The Declaration of Independence declares there are three unalienable rights: life, liberty, and ______?
3. According to Harari, what is the correct classification of sensations and emotions?
4. Why did the U.S. ban creating three parent babies?
5. What does Harari believe upsets many people about the theory of evolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theory of natural selection?
2. What invention allowed humans to tell longer stories and organize their societies?
3. What is the official epoch we live in today? Why does the author suggest the epoch should be called the Anthropocene epoch?
4. What was Epicurus's philosophy of life?
5. What necessities are provided for domesticated animals?
6. What strategy do people with no real power use to influence political change?
7. What happened during the Cognitive Revolution?
8. What is the third level of reality only humans experience?
9. Why does the theory of evolution spark such controversy?
10. What do monotheists believe is the human spark that makes homo sapiens superior to other animals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of the Problem of Other Minds.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why small groups of organized individuals are able to lead large groups of people to achieve a specific outcome.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the criteria Dataism uses to assign value to humans.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)