|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eating too little used to kill many people. What kills many people today?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) Not enough exercise.
(c) Eating too much.
(d) Not eating the right things.
2. What was Clever Hans the horse able to do?
(a) Understand commands in German.
(b) Give the answer to math problems by tapping his hoof.
(c) Cheat at cards.
(d) Run the Kentucky Derby.
3. What makes the fate of domesticated animals particularly harsh?
(a) The way they die.
(b) The way they live.
(c) They do not have shelter.
(d) They can be killed by wild animals.
4. According to Harari, what causes many of Africa's present-day problems?
(a) The fact that African borders make little sense.
(b) The enslavement of Africa's best workers.
(c) The disintegration of colonialism.
(d) Weak leadership in African countries.
5. During the Agricultural Revolution humans silenced animals and plants. During the Scientific Revolution humans silenced what or whom?
6. What historical epoch do we live in today?
7. What does Harari say serves as the foundations and pillars of human societies?
8. Religion is a deal, whereas spirituality is ___________.
(a) A personal experience.
(c) A journey.
(d) An unknown.
9. What does the book's title, Homo Deus, mean?
(a) Same God.
(b) Two Humanities.
(c) Immortal Humans.
(d) Human God.
10. Harari states that what is written on a form is far more important than what?
(a) The truth.
(b) What the bureaucrats say.
(c) The government.
(d) What the people want.
11. What percentage of Americans believe God created humans in their current form?
12. Chekhov said if there was a gun in Act One, what would happen in Act Three?
(a) Someone would steal it.
(b) Someone would use it.
(c) The main character would die.
(d) It would end the play.
13. In the sixteenth century, what did salvation peddlers do?
(a) Absolved sin.
(b) Sold indulgences.
(c) Preached Lutheran values.
(d) Opposed the pope.
14. Harari compares the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden to what revolution?
(a) The Agricultural Revolution.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The Information Age.
15. To what modern concept are the living-god pharaohs compared?
(a) Tax collecting.
(b) Agricultural conglomerates.
(c) Personal brands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What global health campaign wiped out smallpox?
2. As a result of the Agricultural Revolution, humans insured the survival and reproduction of domesticated animals while ignoring what?
3. Religion is interested in order while science is interested in ___________.
4. Harari referred to algorithms as __________.
5. To what does modern science compare the human brain?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)