|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Homo Sapiens Conquers the World: The Anthropocene.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three uncontrollable forces of nature Harari believes man has conquered?
(a) Famine, weather, war.
(b) Famine, plague, war.
(c) War, plague, obesity.
(d) Plague, war, injustice.
2. Harari says that for modern people death is what?
(a) The unconquerable problem.
(b) The logical end of life.
(c) A metaphysical phenomenon.
(d) A technical problem.
3. Eating too little used to kill many people. What kills many people today?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) Not enough exercise.
(c) Eating too much.
(d) Not eating the right things.
4. What was the first deadly disease Europeans brought to North America?
(b) Black Death.
5. What does Harari say humans must overcome to be like gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. In most Semitic languages, what does "Eve" mean?
2. When did the idea of having green lawns around dwellings begin?
3. What does the author claim is more dangerous than gunpowder?
4. Harari compares the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden to what revolution?
5. Harari claims that humans are going to replace the principles of natural selection with what other principles?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)