|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - Homo Sapiens Conquers the World: The Anthropocene.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the book's title, Homo Deus, mean?
(a) Human God.
(b) Two Humanities.
(c) Immortal Humans.
(d) Same God.
2. Harari claims that humans are going to replace the principles of natural selection with what other principles?
(b) Survival of the Fittest.
(c) Artificial Design.
3. What does Harari consider the best reason to learn history?
(a) To understand how traditions started.
(b) To free yourself of the past and imagine alternative destinies.
(c) To compare how far humans have come in their development.
(d) To avoid the mistakes of the past and think of the future.
4. What makes the fate of domesticated animals particularly harsh?
(a) The way they die.
(b) They do not have shelter.
(c) They can be killed by wild animals.
(d) The way they live.
5. What global health campaign wiped out smallpox?
(c) Better hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harari say humans must overcome to be like gods?
2. What hunter-gatherer society still embraces the principles of animism?
3. What are the three uncontrollable forces of nature Harari believes man has conquered?
4. One core emotion shared by all mammals is ___________.
5. Scientists believe emotions are actually ______.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)