|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - Homo Sapiens Loses Control: The Ocean of Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ability are humans losing because they constantly check social media and email?
(a) Planning ahead.
(b) Paying attention.
(d) Driving safely.
2. Religion is interested in order while science is interested in ___________.
3. When people follow an algorithmic social structure, how do individuals function in the algorithm?
(a) Each person passes on knowledge to others.
(b) Each person is a small step in the algorithm.
(c) Individuals are only useful as part of the whole.
(d) Each person is part of a team.
4. What common algorithm is used in cooking?
(b) The sequence of ingredients.
(c) A recipe.
(d) The temperature.
5. Religious stories almost always have three parts: ethical judgments, factual statements, and ___________.
(a) A combination of ethical judgments and factual statements.
(b) Relevant historical examples.
(c) Ethical authority.
(d) Philosophical guidelines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harari states that what is written on a form is far more important than what?
2. What British mathematician developed the Turing Test?
3. To raise global happiness, what has to be done?
4. What do traditional monotheists consider the unique spark that homo sapiens possess?
5. What economic and political system adheres to the principles of a free market?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)