|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning To The World: The Storytellers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the book's title, Homo Deus, mean?
(a) Same God.
(b) Two Humanities.
(c) Immortal Humans.
(d) Human God.
2. What is the definition of humanism in Harari's book?
(a) Philosophy of free will.
(b) Acting for the common good.
(c) The worship of humankind.
(d) The value of humans over animals.
3. When people follow an algorithmic social structure, how do individuals function in the algorithm?
(a) Each person is part of a team.
(b) Each person is a small step in the algorithm.
(c) Individuals are only useful as part of the whole.
(d) Each person passes on knowledge to others.
4. What percentage of Americans believe God created humans in their current form?
5. Harari says that for modern people death is what?
(a) The unconquerable problem.
(b) A metaphysical phenomenon.
(c) The logical end of life.
(d) A technical problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. The invention of writing enabled humans to organize societies in what manner?
2. Which country was the first to recognize animals as sentient beings?
3. Chekhov said if there was a gun in Act One, what would happen in Act Three?
4. What global health campaign wiped out smallpox?
5. Why did the U.S. ban creating three parent babies?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)