|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning To The World: The Storytellers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the theory of evolution reject the idea of a human soul?
(a) The soul is a myth.
(b) Evolution is strictly physical.
(c) The soul is invisible.
(d) The soul has no parts.
2. In what religious philosophy do humans replace gods?
3. One core emotion shared by all mammals is ___________.
(a) Self preservation.
(b) The mother-infant bond.
(c) The survival of the fittest.
(d) The instinct to run from danger.
4. According to Harari, what causes many of Africa's present-day problems?
(a) The disintegration of colonialism.
(b) The enslavement of Africa's best workers.
(c) Weak leadership in African countries.
(d) The fact that African borders make little sense.
5. Instead of fearing asteroids, climate change, or volcanoes, what should we fear, according to the author?
(d) Domesticated animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country was the first to recognize animals as sentient beings?
2. Why does Harari say American lives are valued more than the lives of the average Afghan?
3. In most Semitic languages, what does "Eve" mean?
4. Scientists believe emotions are actually ______.
5. How much of our bodily activities are accomplished without conscious feelings?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)