|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning to the World: The Humanist Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rise of humanism meant there was less focus on God and more focus on what?
2. What percentage of Americans believe God created humans in their current form?
3. Why do scientists believe in the mind, or consciousness, but not the soul?
(a) The soul has no visible flow.
(b) The mind is a reality we can see.
(c) If you have a mind, you can think.
(d) The mind is part of the brain.
4. What was Clever Hans the horse able to do?
(a) Run the Kentucky Derby.
(b) Understand commands in German.
(c) Give the answer to math problems by tapping his hoof.
(d) Cheat at cards.
5. Who was the person that saved thousands of Jews during World War II by providing visas even after he was told not to?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) John Phillips Sousa.
(d) Aristides de Sousa Mendes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sapiens live in a ___________-layered reality.
2. According to Harari, what causes many of Africa's present-day problems?
3. Why does the theory of evolution reject the idea of a human soul?
4. What did Chinese bureaucrats do to make it seem as though Mao Zedong's agricultural program was working?
5. Humanism is divided into which three branches?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)