|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Homo Sapiens Gives Meaning to the World: The Humanist Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of Americans believe God created humans in their current form?
2. In most Semitic languages, what does "Eve" mean?
3. What was Clever Hans the horse able to do?
(a) Run the Kentucky Derby.
(b) Understand commands in German.
(c) Cheat at cards.
(d) Give the answer to math problems by tapping his hoof.
4. One core emotion shared by all mammals is ___________.
(a) The instinct to run from danger.
(b) The mother-infant bond.
(c) The survival of the fittest.
(d) Self preservation.
5. Religion is a deal, whereas spirituality is ___________.
(a) An unknown.
(b) A journey.
(d) A personal experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What British mathematician developed the Turing Test?
2. Humanism claims that instead of looking to a supreme being or authority to define meaning, people should rely on _______.
3. According to Harari, what is the correct classification of sensations and emotions?
4. What culture invented writing and money?
5. Religions have a tendency to turn factual statements into what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)