|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lin Nai-Nai's hometown?
2. How did Jean feel when her grandmother called out "Welcome Home"?
(a) That she had never been away from there.
(b) That it didn't feel like home.
(c) That she was finally home.
(d) That she wished they were staying at the farm.
3. How long did it take Jean's family to reach Pennsylvania?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
4. Why are women and children being ordered out of Hankow?
(a) Because of the famine.
(b) They are not being ordered out of Hankow.
(c) Because of the epidemic.
(d) Because of the violence.
5. How does Jean's family get out of the predicament with the Communist coolies?
(a) Jean's father pays them the new sum.
(b) Some British soldiers come along and get the coolies to move on.
(c) Jean's father calls for a government official.
(d) Some coolies who are loyal to Jean's family comes to their aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feeling does Jean have as they travel on the ship?
2. What city is near Wuchang?
3. What does Andrea badly miss about China?
4. Why is Lin Nai-Nai's hometown starving?
5. Who does Jean see at the docks?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)