|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Jean's family is taking to the United States?
(a) President Taft.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Garfield.
(d) President Roosevelt.
2. What did Jean and Andrea do at night on the ship?
(a) Arts and crafts.
(b) Watch movies.
(d) Read books.
3. How long was Lin Nai-Nai under siege?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. Where do Jean and her mother spend a week?
(a) At a motel in San Francisco.
(b) At Jean's aunt's home.
(c) At a motel in Los Angeles.
(d) At the Hulls.
5. Where did the Hulls go when they left San Francisco?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jean's father do with the sign in front of the bridge?
2. Who does Mrs. Gale insist upon bringing?
3. What is different about Andrea when Jean sees her in Shanghai?
4. What does Jean's father do about the new demands by the Communist coolies?
5. What made the coolies dangerous?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)