|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jean and Andrea do at night on the ship?
(a) Arts and crafts.
(b) Read books.
(d) Watch movies.
2. What did the family do when crossing West Virginia?
(a) Stopped and shopped at a farmer's market.
(b) Picked up a hitchhiker.
(c) Rented a cabin for two nights.
(d) Called Jean's grandmother.
3. Where did the Hulls go when they left San Francisco?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Who is going to be taking care of Lin Nai-Nai?
(a) The Hus.
(b) No one.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The Christian missionaries.
5. Why does Lin Nai-Nai return to Jean's family in a terrible state of mind?
(a) Lin Nai-Nai's youngest brother is dead.
(b) Lin Nai-Nai's sister is dead.
(c) Lin Nai-Nai's mother is dead.
(d) Lin Nai-Nai's father closed the door on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells about the Americans being foreign devils?
2. What is Lin Nai-Nai's hometown?
3. With whom will Jean's family stay while waiting to catch a ship?
4. What is a big moment for Jean on the ship?
5. What does Jean say about Yang Sze-Fu's politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Jean feel she was finally in America and what did she do for the occasion?
2. How long did Jean and her mother stay at the Hulls' house and why did Jean like it there?
3. Why did Mr. and Mrs. Hu come over to Jean's house?
4. How did Jean feel and think about the war in China?
5. Why was Nai-Nai upset when she and Jean's father returned from Wuchang?
6. What did Jean ask her nanny and what was her nanny's response to her question?
7. How did Jean and her mother leave Hankow, who went with them and why did this upset Jean and her mother? What did they see when they arrived at the dock?
8. What has happened in the Hulls family?
9. What happened when Jean and her family arrived in Pennsylvania?
10. Why was there a possibility the family would not leave for America when scheduled?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)