|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lin Nai-Nai say the Communists are doing in her hometown?
(a) Helping the people to build good homes.
(b) Making the boys join their army.
(c) Giving the people food.
(d) Attacking it.
2. Who does the car stop for on the way to the boat?
(a) No one.
(b) The Hu family.
(c) The Gale family.
(d) Andrea and David.
3. What is the name of the ship Jean's family is taking to the United States?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) President Garfield.
(c) President Taft.
(d) President Roosevelt.
4. Where is Jean's father?
(a) He is with Jean and her mother.
(b) He is in a car just behind Jean and her mother.
(c) He is staying in Hankow temporarily.
(d) He is already in Shanghai.
5. What kind of feeling does Jean have as they travel on the ship?
(a) Great sadness.
(d) Bad premonition.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jean and Andrea categorize people?
2. Why is Lin Nai-Nai's hometown starving?
3. How long was Lin Nai-Nai under siege?
4. Where did the car get a flat tire?
5. Where did the ship stop after about three weeks of travel?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)