|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the family travel the first couple of days of their vacation?
(a) Along the Yellow River.
(b) Across theTalkinse Bay.
(c) Along the Yangtse River.
(d) On the Watui River.
2. What is a Chinese custom to which Lin Nai-Nai was subjected?
(a) Foot binding.
(c) Fertility rites.
3. What was the new baby named?
4. What does Jean's mother declare after hearing her reason for skipping school?
(a) Jean will have to sing "God Save the King."
(b) Ian will be punished.
(c) She is pulling Jean out of that school.
(d) She thinks Jean overreacted.
5. What did Jean's mother do right after she had the baby?
(a) Left for America.
(b) Went back to Honkow.
(c) Remained in the hospital.
(d) Came back on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean notice about insults aimed at white girls?
2. How does Jean get to Andrea's house?
3. What is an Amah?
4. What does Jean feel does not come naturally to her?
5. Why is Jean shocked when she arrives back home after her adventures in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What school did Jean attend and what did the children in that school do that Jean refused to do?
2. What kind of arrangement did Jean and Nai-Nai have?
3. How did the family get to Kuling and what did Jean dread?
4. Who was Jean's family's cook and how did he feel about himself?
5. What happened when Jean was accosted at recess by a boy?
6. In what way did Jean find that the Hulls' house was different from hers?
7. How did Jean feel about her name and what did she ask her mother about it?
8. What did Jean do when her mother confronted her about skipping school, what was her mother's response and what was her father's response?
9. How was the revolution going by Chapter 3 and what did Jean's father attempt to do about it?
10. What did Jean's parents do for work?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)