|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean's mother do?
(a) Works for an international corporation.
(c) Teaches English.
(d) Works in the American embassy.
2. For whom does Jean buy a pencil box?
3. What was the name of the YMCA family Jean's family stayed with on vacation?
(a) The Flynns.
(b) The Blackburns.
(c) The Kilgores.
(d) The Jordans.
4. What do the Hullses not think important?
(a) David's desire to move back to America.
(b) Good schooling.
(c) The identity of David's parents.
(d) Millie's race.
5. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
(b) "God Save the King".
(c) "America the Beautiful".
(d) "The Lord's Prayer".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Andrea Hulls' family in China?
2. Where did the family travel the first couple of days of their vacation?
3. Who calls Jean a foreign devil?
4. Why does Jean not see her best friend often?
5. What does Jean explain to her teacher what she has refused to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jean spend some of time in Chapter 2 for the holidays and what did she get Millie?
2. What improved Jean's outlook on summer vacation?
3. Who was Jean's best friend, who was her nanny and what kind of an agreement did Jean have with her nanny?
4. What did Jean do when her mother confronted her about skipping school, what was her mother's response and what was her father's response?
5. How did Jean travel to the Hull's house and how did she feel about her form of transportation?
6. What was Jean's father's role in the town and why did this cause fear in Jean and her mother?
7. How old is Jean when the story begins, where does she live and how does she feel about living there?
8. What kind of arrangement did Jean and Nai-Nai have?
9. Who approached Jean from the Hulls and what favor was she asked?
10. What happened when Jean was accosted at recess by a boy?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)