Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jean's best friend?
2. What does Jean refuse to do eventually at her school?
(a) Learn Chinese characters.
(b) Sing the opening song of the morning.
(c) Draw pictures of the King.
(d) Go outside and play.
3. What does Jean ask for as a Christmas present?
(a) A ticket to America.
(b) A World Atlas.
(c) A new name.
(d) A puppy.
4. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
(a) Say thank you for the presents.
(b) Play with the toys she receives.
(c) The dishes from Christmas dinner.
(d) Goes to church with the families.
5. What is one gift Millie receives for Christmas?
(a) A hat.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A kite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christmas day like at Jean's home?
2. What does Jean's mother declare after hearing her reason for skipping school?
3. How did the family travel across the plains?
4. Where does Jean carve her initials?
5. When does Jean cry in front of her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jean do when her mother confronted her about skipping school, what was her mother's response and what was her father's response?
2. Where did the ship stop on the way to San Francisco and how did Jean feel about the place and why?
3. Why did Jean decide the cook was not so bad?
4. What did Jean and Andrea do on the ship to San Francisco?
5. What happened when Jean and her family arrived in Pennsylvania?
6. Why did the travel to America feel strange to Jean and what did she think about when they crossed the international date line?
7. What scared Jean about starting school and how did her Aunt Margaret help her with that fear?
8. How did the family get to Kuling and what did Jean dread?
9. What happened when Jean was accosted at recess by a boy?
10. What improved Jean's outlook on summer vacation?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)