|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean ask for as a Christmas present?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A World Atlas.
(c) A new name.
(d) A ticket to America.
2. What does Jean call Mille?
(b) Missy Mil.
(d) Missy Lee.
3. Where does Jean go the next day after her confrontation?
(a) With her mother to work.
(c) Into the city of Hankow.
(d) With her father to work.
4. Why is Jean shocked when she arrives back home after her adventures in the city?
(a) Her father is being deported.
(b) Her mother lost her job.
(c) Her teacher has resigned.
(d) Miss Williams stopped by Jean's house.
5. What was the name of the YMCA family Jean's family stayed with on vacation?
(a) The Flynns.
(b) The Blackburns.
(c) The Kilgores.
(d) The Jordans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Jean a foreign devil?
2. How did Jean feel about where they were staying?
3. In what town was Jean's family going to vacation?
4. What does Jean feel does not come naturally to her?
5. What does Ian Forbes try to make Jean do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jean think about the way the Hulls lived and happiness?
2. What was Jean's father's role in the town and why did this cause fear in Jean and her mother?
3. What kind of arrangement did Jean and Nai-Nai have?
4. Who approached Jean from the Hulls and what favor was she asked?
5. Who was Jean's best friend, who was her nanny and what kind of an agreement did Jean have with her nanny?
6. In what way did Jean find that the Hulls' house was different from hers?
7. Who was Jean's family's cook and how did he feel about himself?
8. How old is Jean when the story begins, where does she live and how does she feel about living there?
9. How did Jean feel about her name and what did she ask her mother about it?
10. How did Jean spend some of time in Chapter 2 for the holidays and what did she get Millie?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)