|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jean's parents not tell her that her mother was pregnant?
(a) Jean knew her mother was pregnant.
(b) Her mother was not certain.
(c) It was a difficult pregnancy.
(d) Jean was too young.
2. What does Jean's mom say about Jean's request for Christmas?
(a) They are not allowed dogs where they live.
(b) They cannot afford a ticket right now.
(c) That is a wonderful idea.
(d) It is ridiculous.
3. What is one thing Jean does in preparation for Christmas?
(a) Make Audrey a present.
(b) Make her parents presents.
(c) Buy Millie a present.
(d) Make David a present.
4. Who is Jean's best friend?
5. What does Jean feel does not come naturally to her?
(a) Writing cursive.
(b) Understanding the English.
(c) The Chinese language.
(d) Being good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one present Jean receives for Christmas?
2. What does Jean's father do?
3. Why is Andrea Hulls' family in China?
4. What does Millie dutifully do on Christmas?
5. Why does Jean wish to have that other name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jean's nanny working for her family and what kind of upbringing did her nanny have in China?
2. How did Jean spend some of time in Chapter 2 for the holidays and what did she get Millie?
3. Where were the Hullses moving, how did Jean feel about that and what did she think about her summer vacation?
4. In what way did Jean find that the Hulls' house was different from hers?
5. Who was Jean's best friend, who was her nanny and what kind of an agreement did Jean have with her nanny?
6. What kind of arrangement did Jean and Nai-Nai have?
7. What happened to Jean's mother on vacation?
8. What news caused much grief in Jean and what did she do to deal with the grief?
9. What did Jean notice when she was walking around town?
10. Who was Jean's family's cook and how did he feel about himself?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)