|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the school children sing each day where Jean attends school?
(b) "The Lord's Prayer".
(c) "America the Beautiful".
(d) "God Save the King".
2. What does Millie use the game of hide and seek to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Be mean to David.
(c) Be mean to Audrea.
(d) Be by herself.
3. What name does Jean wish she had been given?
4. What does Jean's mother do?
(b) Works in the American embassy.
(c) Teaches English.
(d) Works for an international corporation.
5. Who is Jean's best friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
2. Where was Mr. Hull transferring?
3. What does Jean call Mille?
4. Why did Lin Nai-Nai leave her husband?
5. What is one thing Jean does in preparation for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jean travel to the Hull's house and how did she feel about her form of transportation?
2. What did a young Chinese boy say to Jean while she was eating lunch the day she skipped school and what was her response?
3. How did Jean spend some of time in Chapter 2 for the holidays and what did she get Millie?
4. What improved Jean's outlook on summer vacation?
5. How did the family get to Kuling and what did Jean dread?
6. How was the revolution going by Chapter 3 and what did Jean's father attempt to do about it?
7. What was the atmosphere like in Jean's house on Christmas morning and what did Jean get for Christmas?
8. What news caused much grief in Jean and what did she do to deal with the grief?
9. What game did Millie seem to like and why and what happened when they played? What was Mr. Hulls' response?
10. In what way did Jean find that the Hulls' house was different from hers?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)