|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian Forbes try to make Jean do?
(a) Move off a swing he wants.
(b) Give him her lunch money.
(c) Say the phrase, "God Save the King."
(d) Carry his books.
2. Where did the family travel the first couple of days of their vacation?
(a) Along the Yangtse River.
(b) On the Watui River.
(c) Along the Yellow River.
(d) Across theTalkinse Bay.
3. Why was Andrea Hull happy to be moving?
(a) They were moving because her mother was pregnant.
(b) They would live on the ocean.
(c) Their new home was very fancy.
(d) They would live where English was spoken.
4. What began to happen in the city?
(a) The city stayed pretty much the same.
(b) A lot of murders.
(c) Food shortages.
5. How do Andrea's parents get along?
(a) They fight often.
(b) They are so close they almost read each other's minds.
(c) They ignore each other.
(d) Andrea's father is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town was Jean's family going to vacation?
2. What was the political situation like when Jean was eleven?
3. How did Jean feel about where they were staying?
4. How does Jean feel about where she is living?
5. What were students and coolies doing about the Chinese revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jean's mother on vacation?
2. How was the revolution going by Chapter 3 and what did Jean's father attempt to do about it?
3. Where were the Hullses moving, how did Jean feel about that and what did she think about her summer vacation?
4. What were the Hullses doing for the holidays and how was Jean's family involved?
5. What did Jean's parents do for work?
6. What game did Millie seem to like and why and what happened when they played? What was Mr. Hulls' response?
7. How did Jean feel about her name and what did she ask her mother about it?
8. What school did Jean attend and what did the children in that school do that Jean refused to do?
9. What improved Jean's outlook on summer vacation?
10. In what way did Jean find that the Hulls' house was different from hers?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)